• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OK, Billy...PLEASE

I'm not saying he will sell them solely based on their WAR but to make excuses for Eppler and say these guys aren't valuable when EVERY piece of statistical evidence says you're wrong is mind boggling. Almost every reliever traded this year, except Neshek, is worse than Norris or Hernandez statistically. 

7 minutes ago, FanSince'98 said:

HA okay boss, you keep living in your misunderstood fantasy world of baseball where the game is real and the stats don't matter. Nunez is a photo copy of escobar as a player and there are other RPs traded that are worse than Norris. You just have no defensible point based on the stats. 

How do you know what sort of sales job Eppler is doing with our players.  

We were 2.5 gb of the WC three days ago and there are 4 days left before the deadline.  

He'll trade any of our expiring contracts if he can.  

I think you should staff off your 'jump to conclusions' mat for a few more days and wait to see what happens.  

3 minutes ago, FanSince'98 said:

Maurer traded 5.58 ERA, Cahill traded 3.69 ERA

LOL.     So which of Norris or Hernandez is capable of being a SP like Cahill?   Mauer is crap I agree -- but he was a throw in as part of the Cahill deal along with Ryan Butcher another LHRP, and Estuery Ruiz, a minor league SS putting up a OPS near .900.    Maurer is also under club control through 2020..  No idea what KC is looking for there.  But perhaps you could enlighten us since you got all the answers...

Just now, Dochalo said:

How do you know what sort of sales job Eppler is doing with our players.  

We were 2.5 gb of the WC three days ago and there are 4 days left before the deadline.  

He'll trade any of our expiring contracts if he can.  

I think you should staff off your 'jump to conclusions' mat for a few more days and wait to see what happens.  

Well if you genuinely think this team is good enough to make a playoff run then we shouldn't even debate this because we don't have the same view of this team to begin with. I love what they did with the team and we're better off with Eppler, but he MUST sell right now or we're just treading water again. 

5 minutes ago, FanSince'98 said:

I'm not saying he will sell them solely based on their WAR but to make excuses for Eppler and say these guys aren't valuable when EVERY piece of statistical evidence says you're wrong is mind boggling. Almost every reliever traded this year, except Neshek, is worse than Norris or Hernandez statistically. 

the other party already knows what they think our player's value is to them.  He got a decent player for Joe Smith last year, and will get similar return for our expiring guys this year.  

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

LOL.     So which of Norris or Hernandez is capable of being a SP like Cahill?   Mauer is crap I agree -- but he was a throw in as part of the Cahill deal along with Ryan Butcher another LHRP, and Estuery Ruiz, a minor league SS putting up a OPS near .900.    Maurer is also under club control through 2020..  No idea what KC is looking for there.  But perhaps you could enlighten us since you got all the answers...

Last year Cahill pitched in 50 games and started 1, same for the previous 2 seasons, funny you think he's a capable SP. lol

Just now, fan_since79 said:

If Toronto sweeps us this weekend, it's SELL everything not named Trout.

I want to see a total rebuild and a return to the postseason within 3-5 years. That's assuming we extend Trout. An absolute must.

I understand wanting to be patient but the more patient we are the more teams fall off the board as partners because they already made their moves. I just think we should give up on this year and be pragmatic for the future. 

5 minutes ago, FanSince'98 said:

I'm not making excuses..   It will be disappointing if he doesn't move them for something.  But to lose faith over it -- well..  that's ignorant.    You'd be losing faith in the same guy that picked those guys up off the discard pile and got something out for nothing.   Again, it's the idiotic notion that a team can FORCE another team to enter into a trade while ignoring what those teams may want or have available to them that I find laughable.

Deadline is a few days off -- Im still hoping they are able to find takers...   It'll suck if they don't.

3 minutes ago, FanSince'98 said:

Last year Cahill pitched in 50 games and started 1, same for the previous 2 seasons, funny you think he's a capable SP. lol

He's been used as a SP this year..  He's started 185 games in his career -- out of 287 appearances...   its funny you're ignoring that....     But then again, you think WAR and ERA are predictive.... 

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm not making excuses..   It will be disappointing if he doesn't move them for something.  But to lose faith over it -- well..  that's ignorant.    You'd be losing faith in the same guy that picked those guys up off the discard pile and got something out for nothing.   Again, it's the idiotic notion that a team can FORCE another team to enter into a trade while ignoring what those teams may want or have available to them that I find laughable.

Deadline is a few days off -- Im still hoping they are able to find takers...   It'll suck if they don't.

Ya again nobody implied forcing another team into anything, all you said was our players weren't as desirable, which is statistically false. They're better players and are more desirable to have on their teams, it's the fact that we aren't offering the right deals or selling the right way. If you are a salesperson and your product is superior yet you can't make a sale maybe you should look at your process. It's not like we've been great at adding prospects for a while now. 

4 minutes ago, FanSince'98 said:

Well if you genuinely think this team is good enough to make a playoff run then we shouldn't even debate this because we don't have the same view of this team to begin with. I love what they did with the team and we're better off with Eppler, but he MUST sell right now or we're just treading water again. 

I don't.  but it doesn't matter what I think or what you think.  That's the problem you are having.  They were 2.5 gb three days ago and now they're 5.5.  Even at 2.5 I know they weren't good enough.  But a small win streak from 2.5 gb (like reeling off 5 or 6 wins in a row) and you could be right there.  We subsequently got swept.  

What I am saying to you is that after said sweep, he's going to start selling.  Give it the 4-5 days.  If he didn't sell you can come back here and be the coolest guy ever. 

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

He's been used as a SP this year..  He's started 185 games in his career -- out of 287 appearances...   its funny you're ignoring that....     But then again, you think WAR and ERA are predictive.... 

Ya and now he's almost 30 and has spent 3 straight year in the bullpen, SD used him as a starter because they're non-competitive and wanted to make a trade and SELL to another team, well hot damn look at that they sold MUCH BETTER THAN US if they got a prospect for Cahill.

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

I don't.  but it doesn't matter what I think or what you think.  That's the problem you are having.  They were 2.5 gb three days ago and now they're 5.5.  Even at 2.5 I know they weren't good enough.  But a small win streak from 2.5 gb (like reeling off 5 or 6 wins in a row) and you could be right there.  We subsequently got swept.  

What I am saying to you is that after said sweep, he's going to start selling.  Give it the 4-5 days.  If he didn't sell you can come back here and be the coolest guy ever. 

Noted.

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

BTW in 5 days we can't trade any more without waivers so....hopefully it's 3-4 days? haha :P

16 minutes ago, FanSince'98 said:

Ya again nobody implied forcing another team into anything, all you said was our players weren't as desirable, which is statistically false. They're better players and are more desirable to have on their teams, it's the fact that we aren't offering the right deals or selling the right way. If you are a salesperson and your product is superior yet you can't make a sale maybe you should look at your process. It's not like we've been great at adding prospects for a while now. 

Actually, I said a team needs a willing partner...  I further argued that the teams most likely to want our guys traded for better options, an opinion not a fact..  You're woefully inept at following along -- perhaps because you seem awfully triggered.

So please..  tell me...  in what world are ERA and WAR better measures of RP performance than WHIP, K/9 and BB/9?    Your entire basis for comparison are WAR and ERA..  neither of which is predictive and one of which is utterly meaningless when discussing a RP.

6 minutes ago, FanSince'98 said:

Ya and now he's almost 30 and has spent 3 straight year in the bullpen, SD used him as a starter because they're non-competitive and wanted to make a trade and SELL to another team, well hot damn look at that they sold MUCH BETTER THAN US if they got a prospect for Cahill.

Tell the Royals they can't use him in the rotation -- because that's what they intend to do.   Again.  what YOU want and what TEAMS want -- not the same thing.   I wouldn't want any part of Cahill...  But clearly the Padres just smoothed talked them into taking him  -- it was all salesmanship and had nothing to do with Travis Wood's 6.91 ERA.

Ya the concept of a front office sales team and their process is foreign to most people not familiar with sport's franchise' front office where I spent 2 years working. Most general fans automatically think what you think which isn't true. There's a reason certain GMs and certain teams trade with each other often like SEA & ARI, relationships, trust, value, process, etc. all matters. 

9 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I've touched on this several times - it doesn't seem to compute.

None of what I'm saying has to do with what I think, I'm simply promoting factual stats that prove your statements wrong and it's upsetting you because you're probably googling like crazy trying to find stats proving me wrong lol. 

4 minutes ago, FanSince'98 said:

Ya the concept of a front office sales team and their process is foreign to most people not familiar with sport's franchise' front office where I spent 2 years working. Most general fans automatically think what you think which isn't true. There's a reason certain GMs and certain teams trade with each other often like SEA & ARI, relationships, trust, value, process, etc. all matters. 

In the industry reference!

tenor.gif

10 minutes ago, FanSince'98 said:

None of what I'm saying has to do with what I think, I'm simply promoting factual stats that prove your statements wrong and it's upsetting you because you're probably googling like crazy trying to find stats proving me wrong lol. 

IP likes RBI and pitcher wins.  Use those to help him.  

14 minutes ago, FanSince'98 said:

The only thing you succeeded in proving is that you don't have a clue what stats to look at and that the finer points of performance evaluation are beyond your limited knowledge base..  This discourse has reached the point where I fear CPS will be called on me so ..  later..