• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 7/23 Red Sox @ Angels: Pujols gets a day off

5 minutes ago, IIIII said:

I despise the management of this team (front office and coaching staff). 77 pitches and they pull him? 

Its very odd. I don't think he is a reliever convert, but they treat him like he has a pitch ceiling around 80. They did the same thing last time he payed, if i remember right. Maybe he just doesn't have the arm strength to get near 100?

Just now, krAbs said:

Its very odd. I don't think he is a reliever convert, but they treat him like he has a pitch ceiling around 80. They did the same thing last time he payed, if i remember right. Maybe he just doesn't have the arm strength to get near 100?

It's not just the number of pitches. It's the cumulative stress level of those pitches. It has been been pretty high leverage the whole game.

3 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

It's not just the number of pitches. It's the cumulative stress level of those pitches. It has been been pretty high leverage the whole game.

High leverage as in close? Because he had a perfect game going into the 5th, I believe.

Now that he's out of the game and the risk of jinx is out....man, I love Parker Bridwell. 
I thought he was just smoke and mirrors lucky his first few starts, but the last handful of starts are proving otherwise. 

Also, I think I heard Gubi say something along the lines of opponent's hitting .340 off Bridwell the third time through a line-up, and this will be the fourth time through. And he did only convert back to starting this season. No sense pushing him. 

Also gives us more opportunity to audition some deadline relievers. 

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Now that he's out of the game and the risk of jinx is out....man, I love Parker Bridwell. 
I thought he was just smoke and mirrors lucky his first few starts, but the last handful of starts are proving otherwise. 

Also, I think I heard Gubi say something along the lines of opponent's hitting .340 off Bridwell the third time through a line-up, and this will be the fourth time through. And he did only convert back to starting this season. No sense pushing him. 

Also gives us more opportunity to audition some deadline relievers. 

Waited till he came out to post as well. I jinxed it last time.

He's now had two terrific outings against one of the best teams in baseball. I keep waiting for him to come back down to earth but he continues to prove he's legit.

2 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Waited till he came out to post as well. I jinxed it last time.

He's now had two terrific outings against one of the best teams in baseball. I keep waiting for him to come back down to earth but he continues to prove he's legit.

To think that we got Meyer, Ramirez, and Bridwell for literally nothing is amazing. 
Edit: Sorry, I guess technically Meyer did cost us Busenitz. I consider Nolasco and Santiago as being an even swap.

9 hours ago, totdprods said:

To think that we got Meyer, Ramirez, and Bridwell for literally nothing is amazing. 
Edit: Sorry, I guess technically Meyer did cost us Busenitz. I consider Nolasco and Santiago as being an even swap.

Wish we could dump Nolasco. Skaggs threw 4 innings in AAA yesterday and has 1 more start Thursday. Hope he takes Nolasco's spot.