• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chester Bennington of Linkin Park RIP

25 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I always thought his lyrics were more teen angst than actual depression.

Agreed.  I've obviously heard a lot of their songs on the radio and I have one of their CD's (yes the actual CD) somewhere but have no idea what they've been up to for the last decade or so.  I definitely would not have had him in the suicide pool as his voice is easy to recognize and it seems like I've heard him on other collaboration songs that have gotten air time over the years.  RIP.  

Edit - came across an article about his suicide that said he was good friends with Cornell (spoke at his funeral) and today would have been Cornell's birthday.  Also talked about the fact that Bennington was sexually abused as a kid so maybe their songs were tame compared to some of what he felt or was going through.  

Bummer.

Watched them grow as a band. My buddy invited me out to watch his band in the late 90s. The headliner was some no named band called linkin park. They seemed a bit unique as a spawn of the Korn/Limp Bizkit era. A little while later their debut album came out, they were on the radio, and just blew up. All seemed like creative and cool dudes.

Like Cat, I couldn't even tell you what they have done the past 10 years plus.

They did a remix album after their first with a grip of producers, beat makers, and hip hop artists that was pretty killer and probably still holds up.

Sad stuff. Battled with addiction and depression throughout his adult life. Left behind 6 kids.

I used to be of the mindset that suicide was a selfish option no matter what. After reading about it and educating myself; I feel for the people who feel this is the only way out. As a nation we have a major issue in dealing with mental health issues. I worked in mental health for three years and just finished up a nursing program. I want to get into mental health nursing. I can only hope we can find a way to effectively confront this issue without hiding it behind a prescription.

4 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Sad stuff. Battled with addiction and depression throughout his adult life. Left behind 6 kids.

I used to be of the mindset that suicide was a selfish option no matter what. After reading about it and educating myself; I feel for the people who feel this is the only way out. As a nation we have a major issue in dealing with mental health issues. I worked in mental health for three years and just finished up a nursing program. I want to get into mental health nursing. I can only hope we can find a way to effectively confront this issue without hiding it behind a prescription.

mental illness is real.