• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

things to do in la?

On 6/23/2017 at 11:06 AM, red321 said:

kind words...thank you.

LA is a great place to photograph. A few (holy shit...this was from back in 09) we were waiting for the train and I saw they were shooting a commercial. This is the annex area that is closed off for the most part. Big spotlight outside, smoke machines, actors etc. I walked over to the corner and just pretended I was part of the shoot taking stills. Was awesome, everyone standing still waiting for action to be yelled.

qjzwHsP.jpg

Awesome shot Red. I love the architecture of Union Station. The city has done a good job of keeping it true to its original form.

On 6/25/2017 at 3:20 AM, Blarg said:

Brandon, if you want to try something different then see which of the oldest restaurants in LA area you can hit.

http://thelosangelesbeat.com/2015/05/offbeat-l-a-the-oldest-surviving-los-angeles-restaurants-a-master-list-of-the-vintage-historic-and-old-school/

My wife and I have checked off a lot of these. Musso Frank's in Hollywood is a step into the past. The bar is pretty cool by itself and you expected to see some 30's gangster with a pair of broads taking up one of the booths.

Tam O'Shanter is a great pub. Very period piece 1920's style. You will definitely find some good wiskey there.

Tom Bergen's Public House, another great pub dating back to the 30's.

Closer and at the beach is the Crab Cooker in Newport.

Not much of anything still standing in Orange county other than Knott's Berry farm kitchen for a fried chicken dinner. Most everything else has be turned over so many times they have no history.

Anyway there is a long list of old funky places that aren't your BJ's or Olive Garden experience.

Musso and Frank is legit. You feel like you're walking into a classy 1930's time warp. Martinis and steaks galore. Think Hollywood in its prime.

31 minutes ago, Adam said:

So did you guys spend the whole day at Victor's spots in West Hollywood?

ha. ironically, i think rainbow room is in west hollywood. the gayest name for one of the cooler and classic rock spots.

it's like a time warp in there. kids will come in, early 20's, but dressed like axel rose while at the other end of the bar 60 year old broads still dressed up like the 80's ready to take someone home and relive their glory years.

33 minutes ago, Brandon said:

it's like a time warp in there. kids will come in, early 20's, but dressed like axel rose while at the other end of the bar 60 year old broads still dressed up like the 80's ready to take someone home and relive their glory years.

her name was lola, she was a showgirl...