• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout visits Hud and Phys in 2009

On 5/18/2017 at 5:11 AM, Rico said:

I believe the knock on Trout was that his numbers were probably inflated playing against lesser competition.  

Also teams were burned taking a HS player from New England a few years earlier. The weather there didn't allow for player to play baseball year round like it might in warmer climates. Also it rained so much that year that scouts couldn't get many chances to see Trout play.

I would like to point out that at one point in the interview when they were asking him about playing games out West that he said he "loved the weather it was great to play baseball in". The Phillies or any other team are not a predetermined destiny for him. We have just as good a shot as any team to have him play here his whole career in my opinion.

On 5/18/2017 at 7:03 AM, wopphil said:

I went to this game. Walked through the front entrance. Saw a middle aged woman wearing a Trout jersey, standing next to a young man. None of the hundreds of people walking in (including myself) had any idea we were walking right next to the second coming of Willie Mays. 

I knew a few guys on the team back then. One night im grabbing a drink after work and notice someone looking at me. Its one of the relievers i knew so i went over and to say hello. I asked him how so and so was doing (who i knew better). The other guy sitting with reaches over and says "hi im mike". I shook his hand and said hello, assuming he was the pitchers little bro or something. 

I go back to talking to the first guy, then it hits me and i say "holy sh*t, youre mike trout!" This was the second game after his call up, so he breaks into a smile and says "yeah, you know who i am?" Honestly suprised i knew. 

That helped me down the road once everyone knew who he was.

21 minutes ago, ettin said:

I would like to point out that at one point in the interview when they were asking him about playing games out West that he said he "loved the weather it was great to play baseball in". The Phillies or any other team are not a predetermined destiny for him. We have just as good a shot as any team to have him play here his whole career in my opinion.

The main thing is gonna be the state of the team (and obviously if we offer enough). But agreed. Ive mentioned it here before, he and the wife are big fans of newport...

If richards was healthy and locked up that sould help too, but...

7 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I knew a few guys on the team back then. One night im grabbing a drink after work and notice someone looking at me. Its one of the relievers i knew so i went over and to say hello. I asked him how so and so was doing (who i knew better). The other guy sitting with reaches over and says "hi im mike". I shook his hand and said hello, assuming he was the pitchers little bro or something. 

I go back to talking to the first guy, then it hits me and i say "holy sh*t, youre mike trout!" This was the second game after his call up, so he breaks into a smile and says "yeah, you know who i am?" Honestly suprised i knew. 

That helped me down the road once everyone knew who he was.

So you're saying you haven't washed your right hand in almost 6 years? Good thing you didn't jinx his Angels career like that other poster did with Pujols.

43 minutes ago, ettin said:

unless he wants to like.... win.

at some point.