• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Colbert

I think I've seen Colbert for a total of 5 minutes on network tv. I don't really watch any of those shows though. The reason for creating this thread just to see if people thought he would be fired. I should have made it a pole.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

He's only apologizing for word choice, not substance. He probably wishes he said penis instead of cock. The people that are butt hurt over this seemed to be more concerned about disrespect over word choice. FWIW, I don't think he owes anyone an apology. He has the right to say it. It's up to his employer and viewers to decide if there should be  negative consequences to his rant. 

I concur but the FCC owns the airwaves. They can enforce consequences if they chose to do so.

Unfortunately.

16 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

So what we are saying is that one side thinks it.s bad and the other doesn't?  And that those sides are determined by their politics?

shocking

Actually, not really. This has snowflakes of the both the left and right upset.

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

I don't.  That should be the network's call alone.  Like O'Reilly was canned by the network because he was losing their advertising dollars.  That is how things should work.  Nobody should be fired because a group of people got their feelings hurt.

Viewers decide if there should be negative consequences by not watching. That's what I thought Jason meant. Maybe I'm wrong though.

20 hours ago, Jason said:

He's only apologizing for word choice, not substance. He probably wishes he said penis instead of cock. The people that are butt hurt over this seemed to be more concerned about disrespect over word choice. FWIW, I don't think he owes anyone an apology. He has the right to say it. It's up to his employer and viewers to decide if there should be  negative consequences to his rant. 

The difference between the right word and the wrong is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. ~ Mark Twain

Obviously, because of his capitulation, his employer told him to make amends. 

18 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I don't.  That should be the network's call alone.  Like O'Reilly was canned by the network because he was losing their advertising dollars.  That is how things should work.  Nobody should be fired because a group of people got their feelings hurt.

16 hours ago, Lawrence said:

Viewers decide if there should be negative consequences by not watching. That's what I thought Jason meant. Maybe I'm wrong though.

@Lawrence you are correct. I see how what I typed could have been taken different ways. 

On 5/3/2017 at 3:57 PM, Tank said:

haven't seen much of colbert (small sample size alert!) but wasn't impressed. he spent most of his monolgue swinging at low-hanging fruit about trump and being extremely one-sided about it.

I saw the clip in question and frankly didn't think it was that funny. Tank's assessment is dead on. It was all stuff that has been discussed to death.