• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels Notes: Mike Scioscia says he won't be saving Cam Bedrosian for the 9th

It does keep with the emerging  increased use of ace relievers before the 9th inning, especially in the 2016 WS.

Not that it should become a regular habit, it depends on the lineup in the 8th inning, and how another reliever would be accepting of the closer role from time to time.

The mental part of the 9th inning is still very important.   No more Frieris!

Scioscia.... just when I think it's time to move on, you open up this season a solid as ever, and then you say the one thing that I've always wanted to hear a manager say: "I am not limiting my best reliever to the 9th inning." Add in the fact that the Maldanado move-- which may be the most Scioscia move in the history of the Majors-- seems to be coming up aces, and... well, all I can say is you are too hard to quit. 

I'm not sure I like the increased usage. I do like the use in different situations. Bring him in for the 8th if that's when the heart of the order is coming up. Bring him in during the 7th of there are runners on 1st and 2nd. Does that mean I want him finishing the game in that situation? Not early in the regular season (or at all if the game isn't very high leverage) but I'm glad he the bullpen is more flexible.