• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random A-holes

Taylor

Saw a drunk dude throw a hot dog across the 7-11 a couple weeks ago. It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, but it cleared all the aisles and hit the window. Fortunately it only had some ketchup on it. 

What's weird is that he was alone. It wasn't some drunken dare or anything. He was also in his 60's. He just casually limped out while the clerk called the cops. I'm not sure that was necessary as I now had to wait to give a statement about some middle-aged douche throwing a hot dog across a 7-11.

3 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Unless I have a lot of stuff, I use self checkout at the grocery store. Way too many people who feel the need to chat up the cashier when there is a long line behind them.

The Safeway I use closed the self check lane and now I have to stand in line again. Not good for sure. Seems to take much longer and some people are not prepared. They still write checks or they have to try their card 3 time or try 3 different cards. 

15 hours ago, Redondo said:

The Safeway I use closed the self check lane and now I have to stand in line again. Not good for sure. Seems to take much longer and some people are not prepared. They still write checks or they have to try their card 3 time or try 3 different cards. 

Or they are digging in their coin purse for exact change for those last nine cents, or arguing about coupons, or...

The pain about self checkout is that if you have more than a few items, there isn't a place to put them in the bagging area. If you move a bag to your cart to make room or you don't put something in the bag fast enough, it starts yapping at you.

On the subject of grocery stores, a few more favorites:

The family of three or four people who stand abreast blocking an entire aisle while they discuss who knows what.

The person who stands beside his/her basket blocking the aisle.

The person (usually a woman, but not always) who pushes the basket like there is a race to the checkout lane. If you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, orthopedic surgery is in your near future.

The guy with an overflowing basket who cuts in front of you as you walk up to checkout with one or two items.

16 hours ago, Redondo said:

This happened to at my Safeway, too. They said they couldn't integrate the chip readers with the self-checkout machines. Weird.

On February 21, 2017 at 11:50 PM, Homebrewer said:

A few weeks later I was at my desk in operations when one of the gals came back and said there was someone at the counter asking for me. I went out to find Don Sutton standing there. He had come to personally thank me for taking care of his and Doug's families and handed me an envelope with a stack of tickets with parking passes. Told me to take my friends to some games and have fun.

WINNER!

On February 22, 2017 at 0:09 AM, Homebrewer said:

I used to actually call in when he did Angel Talk.

... loser

Edited by Lou

On February 21, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Adam said:

Now that I'm an adult I feel terrible about this, but I worked at Wendy's when I was 16. Some dickless wonder in a corvette ordered food for he and his kids. I hand him his bags and he drops them... Fries spill all over his car. He starts yelling about his leather seats and how the grease would ruin them. I said something like "It was your fault bud. Be more careful when someone hands you a bag of food." 

He gets pissed. "Who's driving the vette and who's working at the God Damn Wendy's?" 

I said "Uhhh I'm sixteen, should I be a fucking banker? By the way, has your son told you he's gay yet?" 

He peeled out but not before throwing a burger at me. 

I call bullshit.

there is no way you feel terrible about this. 

6 hours ago, Taylor said:

This happened to at my Safeway, too. They said they couldn't integrate the chip readers with the self-checkout machines. Weird.

Exact same story they told me. Strange that no one could figure that out.

On 3/1/2017 at 3:37 AM, Redondo said:

same here with self-check lanes going away at my local albertsons.

chip cards are still a fucking mystery to far too many people.

10 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I guess once again I'm the minority on this one. I think the asshole in the supermarket is the self-important, foot tapping, always in a hurry jackass behind me who feels it's my obligation to rush out of his/her way. Take a deep breath and a Valium and get over yourself

not saying this is you, but i get a little irritated if the person in front of me is acting like they've never gone through a check out line before. i'm supposed to put my groceries where again, and can i do it as soon as there's an open space, or do i have to wait until the person in front of me is almost done, this is so confusing? oh, is this how the card reader works and is that the grand total? maybe i should wait until the checker is completely done to look for my checkbook and oops, where could my pen be? i just know there's a nickel somewhere in my pockets/purse, but being aware that i might need change if i'm paying with cash was too much to think about until now, my bad. fuck. 

one of the many reasons I love New York is that vendors there know how to deal with that type. 

13 hours ago, Taylor said:

That sounds like a bs excuse.  The Albertsons by me had chip readers at self checkout before they took self checkout away about a month ago.  So now instead of having 4 self checkouts they have 1 cashier in the "express" line.  

They took the self check-out from my local grocery also. They said it was people stealing, but there was always someone hovering over those machines and cameras right over them. I found out from someone that works there that the real reason was the machines were getting older and were in need of replacing, they often required service and were past their warrantee period, and being up here in the mountains they often had to wait days for the machines to get fixed. They basically took them out because they didn't want to invest in newer ones.  

One of the managers told me that it would all be good because they would hire more people, and it would mean jobs for the community. That was more bullshit because 6 months later they have NOT hired more people, if anything there are less... and now there are long lines no matter what time you go into the store.

The machines were great for those of us who actually learned how to use them ( it wasn't rocket science)...there was never a long wait to pick up a few items.

6 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

The machines were great for those of us who actually learned how to use them ( it wasn't rocket science)...there was never a long wait to pick up a few items.

I used them all the time. Even memorized numbers for the fruit and vegetables that I buy all the time. Much faster and you don't have to deal with anyone.

6 hours ago, cezero said:

not saying this is you, but i get a little irritated if the person in front of me is acting like they've never gone through a check out line before. i'm supposed to put my groceries where again, and can i do it as soon as there's an open space, or do i have to wait until the person in front of me is almost done, this is so confusing? oh, is this how the card reader works and is that the grand total? maybe i should wait until the checker is completely done to look for my checkbook and oops, where could my pen be? i just know there's a nickel somewhere in my pockets/purse, but being aware that i might need change if i'm paying with cash was too much to think about until now, my bad. fuck.

It's bizarre how people act when in front of the line. It's bad enough waiting for new chip cards let alone the things you posted, which seem to happen quite often.

ok, the way I see it, it's a Battle Royale : Checkout Line

So who is worse?  The Roadblock vs Impatient Guy (because let's face it, it's never a woman)

I'm going with Impatient Guy.  I can put up with the Roadblock . If they're writing a check, it's always an older person, who deserve my patience.  If the card reader isn't working, it's not really in their control. If they are using coupons, good for them. People who don't use available discounts are throwing money away. 

Impatient Guy is nothing more than an irritating asshole. I always let the a person go ahead of me if they only have a couple of items, but not Impatient Guy. The key is to wait until you get to the front of the line to reward him with your kindness. This gives you time to get a read on him.  Now, if he is indeed Impatient Guy, you can bet I'm going into my Dean Smith 4-corner offense, and yes, I'm Phil Ford*

and let's face it, there isn't a person here who's time is so valuable that a few extra minutes in a grocery store is going impact their day in any way. 

* this reference was for @Angel Oracle

Edited by Lou

you can always tell a person who has never worked a service job in their life.

anybody who's worked as a checker or in any type of service job has to deal with both of them, and has equal disdain for them. both fail to show common courtesy to others. 

if i get irritated with somebody, i don't let it show. i have lots of practice with my job.  no need to put the checker through that, especially.