• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random A-holes

Taylor

the 99 cent value menu was beast. 

this was before there were monitors for showing orders, and we posted receipts. there was a computer that kept track of how much was supposed to be in the till, but it only got printed off at the end of a shift. 

everybody working register knew the totals for the meals, and for the 99 cent menu...so 1.07, 2.15, 3.21, etc. 

one of my co-workers/delinquents specifically didn't put up receipts for people who ordered completely off the 99 cent menu. he'd just call out the orders, keep track of how many 99 cent items he did that for over the course of a shift, and then pocket the money from the till at the end of the shift. i'm pretty sure he had a racket going with a shift supervisor who would cook the books at the end of shifts to cover any discrepancies with the till. 

i would also add that supervising in the middle of a rush at taco time was one of the most mentally challenging/stressful things i've done.

i've talked to expeditors at nicer restaurants who say the same. 

i'm convinced that doing that for 3 years made it easier for me to maintain focus in the marine corps and as a teacher.

Worked at the McDonald's over by UCLC (University at the corner of Lemon and Chapman) and its close to closing time and some gut wanders in and orders a Big Mac. I let him know it will be about four minutes, we will be making his order fresh. He says, cool,  give me a cheeseburger as well. Placed to order and rang him up. 

The guy is perfectly patient and we get him his food in that four minute window,  he says thanks and walks to the door and stops, digs in his bag, pulls out the cheeseburger and separates the bun and without saying a word squashes it hard against the window, cheese side then the ketchupy bun and leaves. 

No warning at all,  never seemed like there was a problem just squish and go. I busted out laughing but still had to clean the goo off the window and mop the floor. 

Random asshole. 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Now that I'm an adult I feel terrible about this, but I worked at Wendy's when I was 16. Some dickless wonder in a corvette ordered food for he and his kids. I hand him his bags and he drops them... Fries spill all over his car. He starts yelling about his leather seats and how the grease would ruin them. I said something like "It was your fault bud. Be more careful when someone hands you a bag of food." 

He gets pissed. "Who's driving the vette and who's working at the God Damn Wendy's?" 

I said "Uhhh I'm sixteen, should I be a fucking banker? By the way, has your son told you he's gay yet?" 

He peeled out but not before throwing a burger at me. 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

One time this lady was taking forever to place her order. She was asking me tons of questions. This guy goes around her and straight up to the window. Black dude. He says "That bitch is taking all day. Just give me a double stack my brother." 

I told him I couldn't do that, that I wasn't finished with her order.

He pulls up his shirt. Pistol.

I said "I'm gonna give you two double stacks sir. On the house!"

Keep 'em coming!

10 hours ago, Adam said:

Now that I'm an adult I feel terrible about this, but I worked at Wendy's when I was 16. Some dickless wonder in a corvette ordered food for he and his kids. I hand him his bags and he drops them... Fries spill all over his car. He starts yelling about his leather seats and how the grease would ruin them. I said something like "It was your fault bud. Be more careful when someone hands you a bag of food." 

He gets pissed. "Who's driving the vette and who's working at the God Damn Wendy's?" 

I said "Uhhh I'm sixteen, should I be a fucking banker? By the way, has your son told you he's gay yet?" 

He peeled out but not before throwing a burger at me. 

this has quickly become one of the best stories i've ever read here.

9 hours ago, Taylor said:

Keep 'em coming!

Couple more... not as gnar 

1. Co-worker - some twenty-something, acne faced, members only jacket wearing dude from Fresno says to me "hey, you think those two guys (eating together) are gay?"

"I don't know, man."

Then he goes up to the counter. "Pardon me, gentlemen, I'm sorry but I'm curious. Are you fellas in a homosexual relationship?"

He got fired. 

2. Some old dude with autism would come into the store every Wednesday night. Every Wednesday night! He ordered the same thing and in the same manner.

"Wow thats a large menu. Hmmm.... what come in the double stack?"

I'd lay it out.

"Baked potatoes are pretty nutritious. What do you recommend?"

I'd tell him I like the double stack with no onions.

"I'll have one junior bacon cheeseburger."

I'd ask if he wanted anything to drink.

"I'd like a Coca Cola."

i learned the hard way that he didn't. I'd ask "are you sure?"

"there is a lot of sugar in Coca Cola and I don't need the caffeine. I'll just have a water."

Then he'd pay in exact change. 

Groundhogs day every Wednesday.

I worked an airport ticket counter during life altering crises like canceled flights. My main and preferred job was in operations, but I would pitch in at the counter, or at the gate, or in baggage claim.. when things went south. Until I had some seniority, I often worked lost luggage. 

There isn't a real comparison anywhere in the world, in pure assholeishness, to new money wealthy, drunk and entitled, Orange Countians who have had a long day, after being inconvenienced by airline employee related stupidity like weather or mechanical failure. 

I have a complete encyclopedia of asshat stories if anyone is interested.

In retrospect, I encountered a lot of famous people. Actors and actresses, authors, broadcasters, sports personalities, government officials, people in the news...and the vast majority of them were awesome. It was the nobody CEO who lived in Nellie Gail or Laguna Woods, the big shot who was boss at the factory in Irvine, or owned the chain of Mexican restaurants, or some mortgage brokerages, that were the biggest assholes. I like to think that many of those jerks went broke, went to prison, got everything taken from them in nasty divorces, or were murdered (or at least driven to an early grave) by their spoiled, rotten brained, and ungrateful spawn.  

On the other end of the spectrum, and since this is an Angels forum, I'll relate an Angels story.

One morning at SNA I was helping at the counter during a cancelled flight. A large family group came up to me and handed me a stack of tickets. The names on all the tickets were Sutton and DeCinces. I told the lady she was lucky to have wound up in my line, and I re-booked all of them out of LAX first class, got them a van to get them all up there...the whole nine yards.

A few weeks later I was at my desk in operations when one of the gals came back and said there was someone at the counter asking for me. I went out to find Don Sutton standing there. He had come to personally thank me for taking care of his and Doug's families and handed me an envelope with a stack of tickets with parking passes. Told me to take my friends to some games and have fun.

8 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

I worked an airport ticket counter during life altering crises like canceled flights. My main and preferred job was in operations, but I would pitch in at the counter, or at the gate, or in baggage claim.. when things went south. Until I had some seniority, I often worked lost luggage. 

There isn't a real comparison anywhere in the world, in pure assholeishness, to new money wealthy, drunk and entitled, Orange Countians who have had a long day, after being inconvenienced by airline employee related stupidity like weather or mechanical failure. 

I could imagine that that would be one of the worst customer-service jobs in the world.

9 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

I was in Lebanon, VT on my way back home after a snowboarding trip.  It was snowing like crazy, and all the flights were getting cancelled.  So I'm waiting in line at the ticket counter, and people are just running up cutting in line trying to get a flight out.  And each time, the ticket counter person says sorry, all the flights are full.  So I'm hearing this, and thinking fuck, I'll be stuck at this municipal airport probably until the morning.  Finally, the 4 person line that was like 25 with all the people cutting, I get to the counter to see what my options are.  She says, oh, thanks for waiting.  I can get you on the last and only flight leaving for the night.  I guess in Vermont, they don't like assholes either.

5 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I was in Lebanon, VT on my way back home after a snowboarding trip.  It was snowing like crazy, and all the flights were getting cancelled.  So I'm waiting in line at the ticket counter, and people are just running up cutting in line trying to get a flight out.  And each time, the ticket counter person says sorry, all the flights are full.  So I'm hearing this, and thinking fuck, I'll be stuck at this municipal airport probably until the morning.  Finally, the 4 person line that was like 25 with all the people cutting, I get to the counter to see what my options are.  She says, oh, thanks for waiting.  I can get you on the last and only flight leaving for the night.  I guess in Vermont, they don't like assholes either.

Back in the days before everyone owned a computer, much less carried one with them everywhere, airline employees could make or break your day, depending on how civil and understanding you were. 

12 hours ago, calscuf said:

I was a pizza delivery guy and black people would tip like $.35.  I delivered pizza for 3 years and I have no exciting stories.  No boobs, no drugs, no guns.

Stupid Anaheim Hills.

I was a Papa John's driver for about 3 years as well in various areas in Southern California.  I got no boobs, no drugs, and no guns too.  I got exact changed twice though, no tip.  

One time I was delivering in Santa Ana.  We were pretty busy that day and we didn't have enough drivers, so I was about 10 minutes late to each delivery.  I was delivering 3 orders at the same go.  When I got to the last delivery, a college-aged girl met me at the door.  The usual process I had is give them the pizza and accept payment.  Once she got the pizzas, she closed the security door and locked it and said "You were late I'm not paying." Now the order was fairly sizable, 2 pizzas, a side, and a drink.  I responded something like that's not our policy, please provide payment.  She said I talked to your manager and he said it was fine.  Now my manager at the time was my best friend at the time and I highly doubt he would do this without notifying me.  Anyways, I walked away to call him to double check and he confirmed that he did not do that, and I said it doesn't look like she'll give me back the order.  He basically said fuck it and told me to leave without receiving payment.  

2 hours ago, aznhockeyguy said:

I was a Papa John's driver for about 3 years as well in various areas in Southern California.  I got no boobs, no drugs, and no guns too.  I got exact changed twice though, no tip.  

One time I was delivering in Santa Ana.  We were pretty busy that day and we didn't have enough drivers, so I was about 10 minutes late to each delivery.  I was delivering 3 orders at the same go.  When I got to the last delivery, a college-aged girl met me at the door.  The usual process I had is give them the pizza and accept payment.  Once she got the pizzas, she closed the security door and locked it and said "You were late I'm not paying." Now the order was fairly sizable, 2 pizzas, a side, and a drink.  I responded something like that's not our policy, please provide payment.  She said I talked to your manager and he said it was fine.  Now my manager at the time was my best friend at the time and I highly doubt he would do this without notifying me.  Anyways, I walked away to call him to double check and he confirmed that he did not do that, and I said it doesn't look like she'll give me back the order.  He basically said fuck it and told me to leave without receiving payment.  

college aged girl, pizza delivery guy, no money exchanged . . . usually this kind of story has a happy ending.

Years back, I worked at Coco's as a server, and made it a habit to flirt with all the waitresses (at least those worth flirting with). One day, I got this one cute girl's phone number, and kept it in my pocket all day. I go out for drinks later with some buddies, and get to chatting with my one friend, who says his little sister works at Coco's. After a little bit of quick sleuthing, I figure out that cute girl is his little sister. I laugh, pull out the phone number, and tell him his little sister gave me her number that day. He grabs the paper, stuffs it in his mouth, and swallows the damn thing. The asshole.

I got back at him 3 weeks later, though, when I slept with her.

On 2/21/2017 at 10:06 PM, calscuf said:

I was a pizza delivery guy and black people would tip like $.35.  I delivered pizza for 3 years and I have no exciting stories.  No boobs, no drugs, no guns.

Stupid Anaheim Hills.

This is why they owner of the pizza place I worked at included a delivery fee.