• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So next month I'm up for a phone upgrade

Chuck

Should I hold out for while longer for the S8 or even longer than that for something down the road in 2017?

Honestly, outside of my diminished battery life on my Galaxy S7, I've loved this phone.

I've had the S7 for a year and a half now and over time the battery life has gotten worse and worse. It's not entirely a problem though since I have two battery packs that can keep the phone charged for more than 24 hours of heavy usage if I was out and about without a charger.

Thoughts?

Personally, my 1 year is up around July on Tmobile.  I like the rumors of the s8, but am going to wait, possibly till Christmas when they will go on sale, and it's determined they won't explode. 

As for your S7.  When is the last time you have done a factory reset on it?  With all the updates over the last year and a half, could be programs have too much bloat and have minor corruption issues.  With phantoms of old programs you once had that have tiny remnants remaining.  Especially the way google does it, just back up your vitals, and reformat reinstall and refresh.  See if that helps. 

54 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Personally, my 1 year is up around July on Tmobile.  I like the rumors of the s8, but am going to wait, possibly till Christmas when they will go on sale, and it's determined they won't explode. 

As for your S7.  When is the last time you have done a factory reset on it?  With all the updates over the last year and a half, could be programs have too much bloat and have minor corruption issues.  With phantoms of old programs you once had that have tiny remnants remaining.  Especially the way google does it, just back up your vitals, and reformat reinstall and refresh.  See if that helps. 

Hmmmm. I may have to try this.

38 minutes ago, red321 said:

My view is, if your phone is working (and you can replace the battery for cheap if need be), unless the new phone has something you just have to have don't bother. The caveat being if you can sell your existing phone and cover most of the cost of the new phone.

Unforunately for Android phones.  They depreciate a lot quicker than Apple phones.  Apple phones hold their value quite well.

@Chuckster70 Got my Nougat update today from Tmobile.  It is nice.  One thing that really struck me.  After using it for a bit, I got a message that it was putting to sleep 78 apps.  Now I didn't even open up 78 apps since I upgraded to Nougat.  So this probably confirms how older phones will use up more power because it has crap running in the background.  Which will hopefully extend battery life.  It already does seem better.

On 2/20/2017 at 0:30 PM, gotbeer said:

@gotbeer I factory reset my phone and that fixed the problem. Battery life and speed is great. It's like a brand new phone, like when I first got the Galaxy S7.

Thanks for the tip.