• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anyone else sick of the nicknames?

''Trum is definitely finding his comfort level in the box,'' Angels' manager Mike Scioscia said. ''It's good to see from some guys. Trum, Mike and Howie got in the act today and we needed every one of them.''

Okay, I know we won and everything, but I cringe every time I hear these silly nicknames. What's wrong with just calling him Mark?

''Trum is definitely finding his comfort level in the box,'' Angels' manager Mike Scioscia said. ''It's good to see from some guys. Trum, Mike and Howie got in the act today and we needed every one of them.''

Okay, I know we won and everything, but I cringe every time I hear these silly nicknames. What's wrong with just calling him Mark?

Don't we have bigger things worry about with this team than nick names?

Sick of "Mike". Can't he just say Michael?

The ending names in 'y' has gotten beyond old.

The "Tip the cap." has gotten beyond old.

The "Ball is coming out of his hand well." has only gotten old. 

The "Turn the page." is so far beyond old, there is no metric for it.

Posters referring to all of the above has gotten old

Am I the only one whose absolutely facsinated by Scosia's clever use of nicknames? I don't think he is good manager, but will greatly miss him if he is fired because of his cleverness when it comes to nicknames.

IF he were as "clever" in his nicknames as the folks on Angelswin, everyone would think he was an asshole:

"The ball wasn't coming out of JoeBlah's hands well today, but Peter Oforfourjos made a good play to bail him out."

IF he were as "clever" in his nicknames as the folks on Angelswin, everyone would think he was an asshole:

"The ball wasn't coming out of JoeBlah's hands well today, but Peter Oforfourjos made a good play to bail him out."

I was thinking the same thing.

"It was good to see another trumbomb from Mark but of course Blantana gave it right back the next inning. That's the kind of thing we expect from our blowpen though."

I've had my own nicknames for players over the years... Jeff, English isn't my favorite subject, but Math-is, Gilligan (Aybar), Mr. Yips (Howie), Trout-a-here for a Mike Trout homer, Tub of Goo (Juan Rivera), Big Game (For Torii Hunter), Bob-Bay (for Bobby Grich), etc.