• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels ZiPs projections are out

Oz27

After sifting through all of these posts, I have only one question.  Who the f*ck is Kirby Yates?  I realize I'm not local and have paid a little less attention since the move, and because we haven't been great, but I didn't think I'd fallen that asleep.  Clean peanut?

5 minutes ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

After sifting through all of these posts, I have only one question.  Who the f*ck is Kirby Yates?  I realize I'm not local and have paid a little less attention since the move, and because we haven't been great, but I didn't think I'd fallen that asleep.  Clean peanut?

Yeah, claimed from the Yankees a couple of months back. Really good minor league numbers, less good in the majors - http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.cgi?id=yates-001kir

8 minutes ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

This is what the Angelswin.com Primer's are for!!!! :D

You can scroll down about half way he's somewhere in that area.

not sure whether to characterize those projections as pessimistic or realistic.

unfortunately stat averaging along these lines usually fairly accurate.

we can only hope that perhaps the folks making these projections were the same pollsters who were so 'accurate' for the 2016 presidential election.

don't think so , though.....

These are pretty realistic projections. It's really just showing how important the health of the rotation is. With only 100ish innings from Richards, there's a lot of innings to go around to back end starters/fringe MLB starters. If Richards and Skaggs can pitch 150+ innings each, that is pretty huge. 

I like to think of projections as educated guesses -- neither pessimistic or optimistic..    They are based on historical trends and recent samples for the individual players - the rest is all math and theoretical results.   As others have stated, they are typically conservative because the one thing they NEVER do is predict or project a breakout, so there is always a reason to look at a younger player with some degree of hope that they could take a significant step forward and blow out their projections.