• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Terrible Pitching, Richards...

So are you saying he should have thrown an obvious breaking ball that fools nobody, risk a WP or hang one, and wait till it's an even count?

Fastball wasn't a bad call. You have to throw it sometime. If you can't locate it 0-2, you won't in other counts as well.

So are you saying he should have thrown an obvious breaking ball that fools nobody, risk a WP or hang one, and wait till it's an even count?

Fastball wasn't a bad call. You have to throw it sometime. If you can't locate it 0-2, you won't in other counts as well.

Actually Richards had thrown a lot of breaking balls that had fooled somebody's.  

I'm saying he should be throwing one of the pitches he's actually been able to throw effectively in that situation.

He's either been grooving fastballs or spiking them in the dirt all night, it's an 0-2 count. The only thing that has been fooling the As all night has been his breaking balls, why not try that instead of the pitch you're having no success with?

Cespedes had been all over his fastball all night.  Previous AB, hello?  He had just thrown him two fastballs in a row the second of which he was right on even though it was in off the plate.  He had the fastball timed very well.  The proper pitch is the slider or curve away right there.  Horrible pitching is right.  

I'm saying he should be throwing one of the pitches he's actually been able to throw effectively in that situation.

He's either been grooving fastballs or spiking them in the dirt all night, it's an 0-2 count. The only thing that has been fooling the As all night has been his breaking balls, why not try that instead of the pitch you're having no success with?

OK, I admit I wasn't watching the whole game closely enough. The 0-2 fastball is an effective pitch, but maybe not in this situation.

Seriously? He located his curve far better tonight than his fastball.

Another pitcher with a great arm that doesn't know how to pitch.

What were Butchers qualifications to be hired by the Angels? One terrible year with Tampa? Isn't it interesting how TB allowed him to take a lateral job with the Angels without requiring compensation? If they viewed Butcher as a valuable commodity would that have happened?

No. He got his job with the Angels because he was good buddies with the fat man. Nepotism. 

Why does an organization that aspires to be among the best in the game rely on a coach with no proven track record of success? Well, in his seventh year Butcher is very proven now. He sucks. He is incapable of getting the best out of the pitchers under his guidance.

I don't want to hear the blatherings of some sycophant demanding "proof" that Butcher is responsible for year after year of poor pitching. Butcher is compared to his peers and I don't think even the most pathetic pollyana could make a case that Butcher is among the best in his field. You don't need proof. You just need to believe that one of his peers is better. A very low standard.

I'm sure Butcher will "sleep like a baby" tonight because "he knows how good he is". In reality he probably sleeps like a baby because of who he knows instead of what he does.