• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Favorite Dry Rubs or BBQ/Grilling Sauces

I have not tried them but I am always open to new rubs. I like to make my own but at the same time, its easier to buy and once you find ones you like it becomes so easy to create such amazing BBQ/smoking goodness. 

I enjoy hickory on my chicken; more partial to mesquite though for some reason. I have a bunch of almond wood that I've heard is really good on beef. I have yet to try it though. Maybe next weekend for the McGregor fight.

I'm going to check out that website now. 

For whole chicken I use two cups of plain Greek yogurt, two tablespoons of yellow curry, 5 cloves of garlic and generous amount of fennel. Instead of chopping up the garlic I drop it into a smoothy blender cup with a little yogurt and cram in the fennel and pulse it until it is smooth. Mix it in with the rest of the yogurt and curry and pour that into a zip lock with the chicken and leave in the fridge for at least four hours, sometimes over night. Yogurt acts like buttermilk and makes the chicken more tender and helps retain juices when on a rotisserie.

We pair that with a simple Greek salad, hummus and falafel along with grilled vegatables. 

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

For whole chicken I use two cups of plain Greek yogurt, two tablespoons of yellow curry, 5 cloves of garlic and generous amount of fennel. Instead of chopping up the garlic I drop it into a smoothy blender cup with a little yogurt and cram in the fennel and pulse it until it is smooth. Mix it in with the rest of the yogurt and curry and pour that into a zip lock with the chicken and leave in the fridge for at least four hours, sometimes over night. Yogurt acts like buttermilk and makes the chicken more tender and helps retain juices when on a rotisserie.

We pair that with a simple Greek salad, hummus and falafel along with grilled vegatables. 

this all day.

it might have been a bit different on the spice and prep end, but probably the best chicken i ever had was from some random dude at a tailgate in kansas city before a football game. everyone was floored and asked what his secret was and he said that he marinaded it over night in yogurt. it was so good i still remember it vividly to this day and this happened probably seven years ago. it was the most moist and soft chicken i've ever had.

i don't know if i would like this curry combo, but this method is highly recommended.

1 hour ago, Stringfellow said:

this all day.

it might have been a bit different on the spice and prep end, but probably the best chicken i ever had was from some random dude at a tailgate in kansas city before a football game. everyone was floored and asked what his secret was and he said that he marinaded it over night in yogurt. it was so good i still remember it vividly to this day and this happened probably seven years ago. it was the most moist and soft chicken i've ever had.

i don't know if i would like this curry combo, but this method is highly recommended.

My wife loves curry, me not so much but in this combo the curry works well. 

On 11/6/2016 at 9:26 AM, Tank said:

Our grilling options are few and far between. Generally we use KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce as our go to since we like sweet, and mostly use it as a sub for ketchup on a burger.

What do you substitute for the burger?

we have a couple of options. we can buy a pre-made burger from Morning Star (there are some pre-made veggie burgers out there as well) or we can buy a can of veggie burger (it looks like the taco meat at taco bell but it's all soy) and create a burger in the same way you might with beef. my wife has a really good recipe that adds eggs, rice, and a few other ingredients. there are some really creative homemade vegetarian burgers out there - cheesecake factory has an excellent one made from beans and mushrooms, and there's another excellent one at the wood ranch bbq (they have one at the santa anita mall and some other locations - the last one i got i asked them to deep fry and it was even better) . you can even find them occasionally on facebook from tasty or one of the other "here's how you make a veggie burger" where they show you how to assemble them and what ingredients to use.

i can send you a recipe if you're interested or post it here for anyone that's interested.

21 hours ago, calscuf said:

For lunch I had an awesome chickpea and sunflower seed sandwich.

Yesterday I went with a Greek vegetarian plate with Falafel, salad, dolmat, hummus and a slice of pita. For dinner a grilled cheese with sautéed baby spinach.

Today I started with smoothy of various frozen fruits, grapefruit juice and a raw egg. For lunch a bunch of vegetables are being slaughtered along with salad greens.

I gained weight going to the Arizona Fall League, ignoring the diet and chowing down on massive amounts of meat products which included steaks, a lobster, 2 foot long hot dogs with everything on them, a bowl of chili, several tacos and too damn much alcohol and that didn't include the breakfast chow down. You all know it as the basic American diet.

So no barbeque for me until I lose another 10 lbs.