• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

With Trout back in Center

George

Give him CF and leadoff and he'll be back to normal.

I was actually thinking this last night. Since they took him from his favorite position and moved him from such a highly regarded role leading off (where he's no longer even encouraged to use his speed on the basepaths), it seems like they took all his swagger. Maybe this will light a little fire inside him again.

With as well as PB has played, only an idiot would keep him on the bench.

Does he relax and stop pressing?

Will he get hot for a couple of weeks and make it impossible to replace him with Peter again?

I'm looking forward to a May like last year from the Kid.

I'm sure he doesn't have the mental capacity to handle a switch in his position in the lineup AND a change in position. Those things must really be weighing on him.

Per this theory the Tigers never should've signed Prince Fielder in the 2012 season and moved their best offensive player out of his natural position  :(

I'm sure he doesn't have the mental capacity to handle a switch in his position in the lineup AND a change in position. Those things must really be weighing on him.

I don't think anyone is asserting that he doesn't have the mental capacity to do it. However, think back to comments that his agent (or he) made when it was announced he'd be starting in LF. He wasn't too pleased to be moved away from the glory position. All the glory he enjoyed in the first season has been chipped away at in different ways. My thinking is simply that he's not being treated as the second coming of Mantle and every great in the HOF with on-the-field organizational moves the Angels have made - and that's a dampener on his excitement, enthusiasm and drive.

It could be argued that that's completely out of this world, but when we have as limited information as we do about his psyche and personality, who's to say its anymore wrong than it could be right?

I don't think anyone is asserting that he doesn't have the mental capacity to do it. However, think back to comments that his agent (or he) made when it was announced he'd be starting in LF. He wasn't too pleased to be moved away from the glory position. All the glory he enjoyed in the first season has been chipped away at in different ways. My thinking is simply that he's not being treated as the second coming of Mantle and every great in the HOF with on-the-field organizational moves the Angels have made - and that's a dampener on his excitement, enthusiasm and drive.

It could be argued that that's completely out of this world, but when we have as limited information as we do about his psyche and personality, who's to say its anymore wrong than it could be right?

I do think they  should have given him more of a salary bump to at least $600k, even up to an even million. The Angels gave Salmon $600k after his rookie season and that was 20 years ago. 

That said defensive position should be determined based on creating the best overall defensive configuration for the team, and lineup slot should be made based on maximizing the number of runs scored by the team. Neither of those decisions should be made so as to optimize the statistical numbers for one of the team's players if doing so makes for a worse configuration for the team overall. 

However, think back to comments that his agent (or he) made when it was announced he'd be starting in LF. He wasn't too pleased to be moved away from the glory position. 

I never heard Trout complain. It's the agents job to advocate for the client. The Angels were pretty clear all winter that PB was the future cf.

Trout should be in left field, with that noodle of an arm. Bourjos has a much better arm, and is a better fielder. That's why he's been in center.

Bourjos has a better arm, but Trout's arm, while not a cannon, is certainly not a weak noodle either. You make it seem as if he throws like Johnny Damon. He has an accurate arm with average carry and a quick release. Those highlight plays last season and those acrobatic leaps above the wall to snag would be homeruns are catches very few outfielders even come close to. He is a fabulous center fielder. His timing on leaps, and his springs are better than Bourjos's, though Bourjos is pretty good  at this as well. Bourjos has a well above average throwing arm, that is the only defensive tool that eclipses Trout's. In every other way Trout is just as good as, if not superior.

Bourjos has a better arm, but Trout's arm, while not a cannon, is certainly not a weak noodle either. You make it seem as if he throws like Johnny Damon. He has an accurate arm with average carry and a quick release. Those highlight plays last season and those acrobatic leaps above the wall to snag would be homeruns are catches very few outfielders even come close to. He is a fabulous center fielder. His timing on leaps, and his springs are better than Bourjos's, though Bourjos is pretty good  at this as well. Bourjos has a well above average throwing arm, that is the only defensive tool that eclipses Trout's. In every other way Trout is just as good as, if not superior.

I guess you forgot PBs highlight reel from the year before.  Its nice to be able to argue about who is the best cf because we have two of the best in baseball.

It's because of his huge weight gain over the winter.

Give him CF and leadoff and he'll be back to normal.

Agreed. 

Trout himself made it clear he was more comfortable in CF and preferred that position.

Why mess with the best defensive player in baseball last year?

It makes absolutely no sense.