• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

HBO's Westworld

On 11/21/2016 at 5:01 PM, sneaky_flute said:

This episode solidified the theory with the reappearance of the host who used to be the park greeter when William arrived 30 years prior

omfg, I was trying to figure out why I recognized her. That has got to prove that one timeline is in the past, if only because MiB said "I thought they had retired you"

Just finished it! I honestly expected all of that shit to happen, and yet it still got me. 

Even better, they absolutely confirm the multiple timelines theory and don't even make a big deal out of it. Now it would seem that the scenes with Dolores and Bernard were actually between Dolores and Arnold.... 

Is Dr. Ford the bad guy? I can't say I blame him for offing Bernard at the end, as Bernard had shown that he was willing to kill him if given the opportunity.

Dr. Ford isn't really the bad guy, in my opinion.

Spoiler

I was always under the impression that he directly killed Arnold. Obviously from the episode we found out that Dolores killed Arnold. 

Also, Bernard may have not shot himself as we didn't explicitly see him die.

Did you guys fully comprehend the Dolores storyline in term of time? The stuff with Logan and William is clearly in the past. Also, William has the same knife as MIB.

the Dolores part stuff is a bit tough get my mind around.  It seems to me that we're dealing with more then 2 time lines with her.  I'm not sold that William is the MiB but theres definitely enough that alludes to it that it wouldn't be a surprise.  Does Ford know exactly what Maeve is up 2 ?  It would seem so.  Cant wait for next weeks finale !

It would seem that Dolores has at least 3 time lines going in the story currently. The timeline with Logan and William in the past. The timeline in the blue dress where she meets with Arnold in the more distant past, and probably a third in between where she supposedly kills Arnold which is likely where she is in the town in her 'action clothes' but not currently stabbed. 

What isn't clear, obviously, is how this all ties together. The implication has to be that she has been on this journey of enlightenment before, without Logan & William. What will be interesting to see is how the current timeline with the Dolores character connects, since we have seen her in the current timeline, but it would seem that there isn't much there currently.

I also want to know how the photo of William's fiancée ends up in the field in front of Dolores farm for her dad to find years later. 

You have to wonder exactly in which timeline is Maeve's character residing in. Her timeline with the MiB says she and her child ware murdered recently, his age is of the latest timeline. There is so much misdirection through the entire series and will require a lot of loose ends to be tied up in one last show. 

You have to wonder why Ford stockpiles old malfunctioning models rather than having them dismantled. They seem like an army in waiting.

The ending was pretty much what I had expected after episode 8 and 9. All roads were leading up to Ford finishing his work and it wasn't a simple tale of the West. His stockpile of old models always pointed to a reserve battalion.

Not sure where they go with season 2 unless it is the integration of the robots into society and how some fail to make the transition.

For season 2, they can go with a story that the Ford that was shot was actually a robot created by the real Ford to fool people into thinking he's dead. Gives him some time to do other things.

Also, we don't know who makes it out alive after the massacre. The MIB may get out alive with his second in command. I think that's why we don't actually see who gets killed.

Of course, there is Maeve's character coming back to do what exactly? It seems obvious to me that she was programmed to do that.

Bernard's character is also still alive by design. What for?

A lot of directions they can take.

Some other thoughts on where the next season can go.  Do people come in and try to retake westworld from the hosts?  Was everyone on the board or at the gala killed?  Most still think Bernard is a real person.  Maev was given the location of her daughter and other parks were hinted at with her location note and with the 'SW' Shogun/Samurai World.  She will go off trying to find her whether she was programmed to or not.   Who edited her codes to make her think she was doing all of her actions independently?  Maybe the chaos spills over into other themed worlds.  Maybe Bernard will have all the board members killed and replaced by host versions of themselves.  Too bad we have to wait until 2018 for the next season.  

• 1 year later...