• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is CJ Cron a keeper?

19 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Cron is cheap and productive.  Unless you can get a pitcher that is also as cheap and perhaps even slightly more productive, you keep him.  

He might be a sell high candidate, I think. If you could convince someone to give you a decent young starter I think you have to do it. DHs who can be similarly productive aren't supposed to be that hard to find. Marte might be an internal option too, but we would at least want some competition for him if we went down that route.

11 hours ago, Oz27 said:

He might be a sell high candidate, I think. If you could convince someone to give you a decent young starter I think you have to do it. DHs who can be similarly productive aren't supposed to be that hard to find. Marte might be an internal option too, but we would at least want some competition for him if we went down that route.

I think Cron has turned a corner. I think we'll be disappointed if we trade him. I think it's likely he becomes a better player than Trumbo at this point.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think Cron has turned a corner. I think we'll be disappointed if we trade him. I think it's likely he becomes a better player than Trumbo at this point.

I agree but let's trade him to the Rangers and watch him clobber 40-45 homeruns per for the next 5 seasons. Because that's what we do.

11 hours ago, totdprods said:

I'm worried the Rangers go after Trumbo this offseason.

Maybe he's finally figured it out but it is likely a career year being that he's 30. His 40 bombs are nice but only .314 OBP. 

.773 OPS Career
.848 OPS 2016
118 OPS+ 2016

Over his last 20 games Cron has slashed .370/.402/.728 with a .358 ISO good for a wRC+ of 205. He has 8 HR's across that period, a 2.3% BB% and a 11.5% K% with a .344 BABIP (which is higher than his season BABIP of .302 but is only slightly elevated over his Minor League career BABIP).

My only concern (and it's a mild one) is the fact that he still is only league average against LHP (wRC+ 99). He crushes RHP which is better anyway but I'd like to see him actually improve against the good platoon split too if possible. If he started crushing LHP too he'd be a monster DH.