• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Way to go Matt Shoemaker

Chuck

Just now, eaterfan said:

Why is he worth more to the angels than any other team?

Because he's making near minimum salary and under club control for another 4 years. Any trade partner will certainly take his resurgence into consideration, but also see his career 98 ERA+. 

Unless a team is willing to blow the Angels away with an offer, it's not worth trading him.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

He may not have the stuff Richards has but he has balls bigger than planets. 

Richards has pebbles. And no pubes. Apparently.

Agree! 

Can you imagine if Richards, Heaney and Skaggs were all healthy from the start till now?? Though we'd probably never see this side of Shoemaker either because he wouldn't have the opportunity with Weaver and Santiago in the rotation. 

Next season if Richards can pitch and pitch effectively, we may have a pretty solid rotation in Shoemaker, Richards, Tropeano, Skaggs and Santiago if nobody gets traded. Nate Smith as our 6th guy. 

didn't see the game but saw the box score and Shoemaker's line -- WOW!! a classic old fawshioned NL type pitcher's duel. Two shutouts to start the second half -- I'd keep Shoemaker and trade Santiago now while Santiago's value has reached a peak two weeks before the trade deadline in a seller's market for starting pitching..........

1 minute ago, nate said:

Insane how well he has turned it around.  I have a serious :3705709385: for pitchers that throw strikes like him.

Same. His splitter is a legit out pitch for K's and he's throwing 91-95 MPH with his fastball. I also like he's come up with two different versions of his splitter. One that dives down and another one that fades in or out. That combined with an average slider, what's not to like? 

We have a good shot at having 5 pitchers in our rotation next year that can get a fair share of K's in Santiago, Shoe, Tropeano, Skaggs and Richards. 

1 minute ago, nate said:

Tropeano is definitely not going to be in the rotation next year (TJ) and unless Richards is a medical miracle he will also miss the season.

Well Tropeano has pitched for several years (HS, Minors) and still hasn't had any elbow issues, I don't know why you think he would now. 

Yes, I'm being optimistic about Richards', but even if he can't go I wouldn't mind having Nate Smith as our 5th starter.