• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Rumor: Pomeranz to the Red Sox

ettin

Shoemaker turns 30 before the season ends and has a career ERA+ below league average.  Like I said before I've got nothing against him and I hope he crushes it as long as he's on the Angels but we're talking about a guy who over the course of his career is slightly below league average and his current MLB ERA is almost identical to his minor league ERA.  His hot streak in May and June was awesome but his last two starts before the ASB saw him post a WHIP of almost 2, an ERA over 8 and he didn't make through the 6th inning.  I realize he's under club control through 2020 but pitching is always at a premium and aside from Escobar he could be the easiest piece to part with to bring back a top prospect before this year's trade deadline.  The Angels have a lot of needs, the worst farm system in baseball and this season looks like a lost cause so I don't see why you hold onto him to help rebuild over the next few years when he's a back end starter someone may overpay for.  

16 hours ago, wopphil said:

I agree. I wouldn't move Shoemaker one for one for Espinoza. Too big a risk Espinoza will never amount to anything.

I agree. I don't care what BA or BP ranked a prospect at, I've followed this game too long to see even top 10 guys flame out more times than not. 

Espinoza may have a good heater and developing curve/change, but his on the field results have been so so to date. 

4.38 with a 1.37 WHIP. He's given up more hits than innings pitched and hitters are batting .269 against him. 

Yes he's young for the league he's pitching in, but like @ettin said I would have held out for more as the Red Sox were not the only team after Pomeranz. 

2 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Shoemaker turns 30 before the season ends and has a career ERA+ below league average.  Like I said before I've got nothing against him and I hope he crushes it as long as he's on the Angels but we're talking about a guy who over the course of his career is slightly below league average and his current MLB ERA is almost identical to his minor league ERA.  His hot streak in May and June was awesome but his last two starts before the ASB saw him post a WHIP of almost 2, an ERA over 8 and he didn't make through the 6th inning.  I realize he's under club control through 2020 but pitching is always at a premium and aside from Escobar he could be the easiest piece to part with to bring back a top prospect before this year's trade deadline.  The Angels have a lot of needs, the worst farm system in baseball and this season looks like a lost cause so I don't see why you hold onto him to help rebuild over the next few years when he's a back end starter someone may overpay for.  

I don't think anyone has any problem with letting Shoemaker go if a team makes a strong offer. But to go out and actively shop him right now the return wouldn't likely be anything worth jumping on.

Multiple posters in the thread comparing his run to Kershaw's were against moving him because they thought he turned a corner and at least one poster in here thinks a top 30 prospect wouldn't be enough of a return.  For his career he's a 4 or 5 but pitching is always at a premium so if they wanted to move him I think they'd draw plenty of interest.  

The Angels are like a Computer that's 10 years old & they think putting in a new graphics card is going go make it run Battlefield4 or GTA5 with max quality settings at 75fps. The computer case is riddled with holes that make the air flow bad, the motherboard/cpu is outdated & the HD has disk errors. All signs point to that its Time to build a whole new machine.

Its time for the Angels/Arte to take off the Homer glasses & realize they need to sell assets for prospect assets.

16 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

The Angels are like a Computer that's 10 years old & they think putting in a new graphics card is going go make it run Battlefield4 or GTA5 with max quality settings at 75fps. The computer case is riddled with holes that make the air flow bad, the motherboard/cpu is outdated & the HD has disk errors. All signs point to that its Time to build a whole new machine.

Its time for the Angels/Arte to take off the Homer glasses & realize they need to sell assets for prospect assets.

It's like back in the early 1990s when I was doing development/maintenance for medical billing review on a stand alone 286 pc.  Of course, the dang process froze occasionally on the same claims screen during testing.

17 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Kind of silly to compare the Angels FO thinking to anything in the past. You do realize the FO has been revamped with a new group of players and philosophies. 

Give it some time before you develop a opinion. 

5 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

It's like back in the early 1990s when I was doing development/maintenance for medical billing review on a stand alone 286 pc.  Of course, the dang process froze occasionally on the same claims screen during testing.

They kept it running a long time (fixing parts every so often instead of getting a new pc) ?  I remember when Video cards didn't require their own fan to keep the chip from overheating :) during gaming.

5 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

Kind of silly to compare the Angels FO thinking to anything in the past. You do realize the FO has been revamped with a new group of players and philosophies. 

Give it some time before you develop a opinion. 

The team has been patching holes since Dipoto came & left, which is like in the computer world when you upgrade one area of a computer instead of getting a whole new PC. Their limited in what they can upgrade because they lack a great farm system or in the case of an old computer the motherboard is outdated & doesn't support newer CPUs.

On 16/07/2016 at 3:29 AM, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Multiple posters in the thread comparing his run to Kershaw's were against moving him because they thought he turned a corner and at least one poster in here thinks a top 30 prospect wouldn't be enough of a return.  For his career he's a 4 or 5 but pitching is always at a premium so if they wanted to move him I think they'd draw plenty of interest.  

This will be an epic thread to bump if we hang onto Shoemaker and he reverts to his usual crappy self.

On 7/15/2016 at 4:46 PM, Scioscia4MVP said:

Someone's inner nerd is on full display...   That being said, I'd like to see the Halos add some liquid cooling to their rig.