• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Truck crashes into Bastille Day crowd in Nice, France

1 minute ago, Lawrence said:

Can you imagine if this happened at an event like Mardi Gras in New Orleans? This country would lose it's shit.

But that won't happen because ISIS is avoiding hate crimes.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Large trucks like that were prohibited from being parked in that area, but the police apparently made an exception in his case. That's the part I don't understand.

I saw a report that ISIS specifically called for attacks of this sort several years ago.

Soapbox alert....

If you go through a list of tragic accidents or events like this in almost every case you'll find standard safety practices or regulations that have been violated or ignored. I've spent my adult life working in a dangerous industry and I've lost a few friends and made a few enemies because I hold everyone accountable to following standards that have already been written in blood. I hope everyone who reads this will give a second thought when they think they are making a harmless exception to something that was meant to ensure everyone's safety. End rant....

The worst thing was learning about that 11 year old boy who died with his father (the ones from Texas). I just feel crushed right now, hopeless.

51 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Soapbox alert....

If you go through a list of tragic accidents or events like this in almost every case you'll find standard safety practices or regulations that have been violated or ignored. I've spent my adult life working in a dangerous industry and I've lost a few friends and made a few enemies because I hold everyone accountable to following standards that have already been written in blood. I hope everyone who reads this will give a second thought when they think they are making a harmless exception to something that was meant to ensure everyone's safety. End rant....

Exactly!

Don't go in the water where it is posted no swimming. 

Don't stick your hand through the bars at the zoo. 

Don't climb the fence at the lion's den.

11 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Exactly!

Don't go in the water where it is posted no swimming. 

Don't stick your hand through the bars at the zoo. 

Don't climb the fence at the lion's den.

That's the stuff that gets you killed. I was more referring to things that get others killed.

If the procedure for securing the lion cage calls for 2 people, don't try to do it alone only to discover that you can't perform the second part of the task quick enough to prevent the lion from escaping.

If it calls for a 15 amp circuit breaker don't use a 20 amp because it's all you have with you.

If you've been told no vehicles in a certain area, then keep the damn vehicles out.

All these attacks disturbing and horrifying, but the story of the kid and his Dad does resonate. There's that heartbreaking photo of him in his baseball uniform. We can relate to that, those of us with children.

I was thinking also of the scores of little children blown up at that playground in Pakistan recently.

ISIS and the rest of them are demons straight from hell. They need to be eradicated, just like a deadly plague.

5 hours ago, Kevin said:

I'm sure failos was upset about all of it.  Maybe this particular story affected him deeply.

That is most certainly what I meant; but Vladdylonglegs is reminding me why I never post here anymore. 

10 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

For me, the worst thing was learning that 80+ human beings died.

Am I not allowed to sympathize with individual victims? 

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

Of course you are...

Just not on social media where you could be shamed for one reason or another.

I figured I'd share since the kid was a baseball player. 

160715-sean-brodie-copeland-111p_43b9eb6

Obviously I feel for all the victims, but there is a special kind of rage and pain when you learn about a child dying. 

13 hours ago, calscuf said:

Or the Frenchies force-inoculated that poor Tunisian boy and his obvious autism thereafter caused his terroristic tendencies.

Well, how about consanguinity? First cousins marrying each other is very prevalent in the Muslim countries by the Mediterranean.

Scientists tell us the results of that are not generally good.

http://consang.net/index.php/Global_prevalence

14 minutes ago, failos said:

The problem is Islam. Cousin-marrying has been occurring for millennia even in the West. 

Yes, the problem is Islam. But inbreeding is far more prevalent in Muslim countries and has been for centuries.

I wonder how many of these suicide bombers etc. are just plain retarded, and easily swayed by their handlers to go blow people up and commit mass murder.