• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What would we get if we do decide to sell

18 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Who cares if your strengthening the parent club now. This is like u said a bad team with bad contracts. Gut it rebuild. It's not put together properly. 

My point is that if you trade for guys who never make the majors, you aren't strengthening the parent club at all.

2 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

My point is that if you trade for guys who never make the majors, you aren't strengthening the parent club at all.

That's when scouting comes into play. Don't trade for guys who don't ever help the club. Trade for guys who help the club in 3-4 years 

On 6/12/2016 at 9:02 PM, Troll Daddy said:

We're a bad team due to excessive injuries. No other reason.

The Angels have 3,000,000 through their turnstiles every year. 

They also have committed to a $3,000,000,000 tv contract.

They are also paying Pujols/Trout a combine $50,000,000 plus a season.

and you want them to rebuild? I'll refain from lol.

btw the team is committed to approx $93M + raises in 2017. 

We're not selling off our assets. We are going to compete 2017. Hopefully we stay healthy. 

I think that we are bad due to poor ownership, with injuries merely pushing us off the cliff.

Arte will not sell because he does not have the patience to build the farm.  He is a  farm depleter, not a builder.. He would rather be mediocre for many years, rather than rebuild and be  a winner in four years.

10 hours ago, Kevinb said:

That's when scouting comes into play. Don't trade for guys who don't ever help the club. Trade for guys who help the club in 3-4 years 

At that point it's even more of a crap shoot and it's more about player development.  I'd rather take my chances with a guy a year or two away, where the skills are more apparent as well as the weaknesses.  

I wonder when the last time we took a guy late in the draft and development him?  Kole and who else?  

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

At that point it's even more of a crap shoot and it's more about player development.  I'd rather take my chances with a guy a year or two away, where the skills are more apparent as well as the weaknesses.  

I wonder when the last time we took a guy late in the draft and development him?  Kole and who else?  

I agree it's a crapshoot but it's not a well put together team id rather gut it and be the worst team in baseball then keep it and be the 5th worst team in baseball. Lower payroll play young guys and rebuild. The whole retool thing hasn't been working. Not every team can compete for 10 years in a row, u have a 5-8 year window and when it's done gut and rebuild. Signing over 30 year olds in the free agent world is proven time and time again it usually doesn't work. Look at the Yankees after all that spending they won 1 World Series Boston won the World Series with their home grown talent and a couple trades when they tried to buy it all they were terrible and had to trade everyone off to the Dodgers. Build from within gut the team and get ready in 3-5 years

I would do whatever one here has said.  I would trade everything of value, with the exception of Trout, and I would seek the best talent that is the closest to being ready, I can get for them.  Now I wouldn't trade players of worth (Calhoun, Simmons) for the sake of trading them.  If I am trading them it is to get better in two years.  We can do a hybrid of young talent along with free agency.  Before the yk's and claudes come out of the word work and bitch about free agency,  I am not even talking about the really big money guys.  I'm talking about guys that come in and do their job, to fill out the roster, so we don't depend on the Ortegas and the Marte's and the Petits of the world. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I would do whatever one here has said.  I would trade everything of value, with the exception of Trout, and I would seek the best talent that is the closest to being ready, I can get for them.  Now I wouldn't trade players of worth (Calhoun, Simmons) for the sake of trading them.  If I am trading them it is to get better in two years.  We can do a hybrid of young talent along with free agency.  Before the yk's and claudes come out of the word work and bitch about free agency,  I am not even talking about the really big money guys.  I'm talking about guys that come in and do their job, to fill out the roster, so we don't depend on the Ortegas and the Marte's and the Petits of the world. 

FA signings like what should have happened with Beltre after 2010 are how this org needs to go about FA from now on.

No more massive contracts for declining stars just because of the name.    That was why I was calling him Starry Eyed Arte 2-3 years ago.

You DON'T build a baseball team like you do a billboard business (all pizzaz).  

Hindsight is 20/20.  If we had signed Beltre and he was what he appeared to be, which was a contract year player, and he came here and failed, you would have said "Stop signing contract year players".  Also the contract Beltre got was pretty big at that time. 

2 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Zobrist would have been a perfect piece for us, I think. Aoki would have been nice too.

Yep, those kind of guys.  I'm not delusional to think Cespedes or Fowler would have signed the same deal to play here than they did to re-sign with their former teams.  But I would only break the bank for the occasional young guy that hits the free agent market.  Those won't always work out, they have a better chance of working out than 32 year olds given long term deals. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Hindsight is 20/20.  If we had signed Beltre and he was what he appeared to be, which was a contract year player, and he came here and failed, you would have said "Stop signing contract year players".  Also the contract Beltre got was pretty big at that time. 

It was 7 years after Vlad's contract, and the years was the same and the yearly money not much more.  

Made a lot more sense than signing Hackilton for almost double the yearly money just 2 years later.

Calhoun fits in perfectly for Cleveland IMO. I think they'd be willing to give up good farm talent seeing as their competitive window has now opened and will remain that way for the next few years in which Kole will be under club control. They've been reluctant to spend $ in FA even this year with many OF that fit well like Fowler or even lower-cost options like Parra, Span, Aoki. 

I think if they would be willing to give up Frazier and 2 decent-good pitching prospects you'd have to listen.

As much as everyone here would hate to trade him to Boston, they have some very intriguing pieces... Kopech (6), Ball (10), Colye (13). 3 top 15 in a very deep system. Might be a stretch but that's what you ask for and if it can be done then you pull the trigger.