• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Last place

Oz27

9 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

I only just noticed that's where we are now. Oakland and Houston are half a game clear of us thanks to their five-game winning streaks. We're seven back of Seattle and Texas now.

I can't remember us being in last place this far into the season in ages.

109 games until elimination.  Time to give up.

I just looked at runs per game and the team is slightly above average before today, 14th.  No idea if this team will finish in last place, but it seems every year they go on a streak where they win 15 of 20, so I guess we will see. 

With the way we've played I'd expect it. Par for the course injuries. CJ Wilson pulling off a (very wisely advised from Hamilton) season paid off. Pretty pathetic offense so far.

Many many and I stress I cannot stop with the many sympathy's to stud-muffin Mike Trout who has to put up with this shit day in day out. How absolutely frustrating it must be to be on this shitcan of a team. And then he acts like this team can pull through and actually be competitive. You know who's really shitting the bed? Pujols. I am sick and tired of this dude who makes boneheaded plays, swings for the fences with warning track power, and with $25 mill a year can't keep his weight down so he can actually run like a professional athlete. Can you imagine if TROUT was on the Royals?

Pooie can go sit on one.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I just looked at runs per game and the team is slightly above average before today, 14th.  No idea if this team will finish in last place, but it seems every year they go on a streak where they win 15 of 20, so I guess we will see. 

Our run differential isn't THAT bad. It's only -18 and obviously if that keeps up we are very likely to be a below .500 team. If that doesn't get worse we probably won't finish last. But that can easily change as well and with the state of our rotation it's certainly possible our run differential ends up in a much worse place.

12 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

And Skaggs. We've still got plenty of head to head with those teams to put them back in the rear view mirror where they belong.

Oakland will surely end up being really bad so you'd like to think we will be above them. But Houston is much more likely to surge than fall back, I think.

7 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Injuries have decimated this team, which wasn't all that good to begin with. Look at the names in the lineup. Marte, Ortega, Robinson, Petit, Pennington. Who the hell are these guys?! 

A 75-win team if we're lucky.

Yeah, im not so much trying to defend them, but theyve been destroyed by legit injuries to key people. The talent was already thin. Losing 3/5s of your rotation, your closer, your SS, you LF (bonus points because it was a platoon) and your catcher who can hit, all within the first 4 weeks is gonna be a death blow to most teams.

In all honesty though, theyve done pretty decent considering.