• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

"Why Fans Should Care About Battle In California Assembly Between Angels, StubHub"

Nowani

The Angels and Ticketmaster, which oppose the bill, contend the ticket is a license meant for the purchaser only and revocable should the buyer resell the ticket anywhere outside of their official site.

This is an incredibly arrogant position, one that will drive a lot of people away from purchasing tickets, particularly season ticket holders and purchasers of multi-game plans. It appalls me that the Angels and other clubs have taken the position that they retain control of what happens to each ticket even after they have been paid for it.

I bought some tickets on stubhub for July. Now they're saying Angels may not release them. If Arte prevails, they will be the last tickets I ever buy to an Angel's game.

I don't blame you.  If I bought tickets, and the Angels voided them, I probably wouldn't buy another either.  Then again, I haven't bought in bulk since 2004 when the prices started to skyrocket.  

If the Angels/Ticketmaster monopoly prevails, the chances of me returning for another game at the Big A will dwindle to practically nothing. Because the wife is a Yankee fan, with three exceptions the games I have attended have all been Yankees-Angels, which tend to be the most in demand. Restricting resales to Ticketmaster will only serve to jack up prices further.

I'm immediately suspicious of TicketMaster and any organization the aligns themselves with them.

The last 3 concerts I've attended, TicketMaster has charged fees between 40-over 50% of the face value of the tickets, and that was even purchasing the tickets at the venue's box office where TicketMaster shouldn't have been involved. In fact, the last tickets I bought with their involvement were $16 face value with $17.50 in TicketMaster fees tacked on, coming to a total cost $37.50 per ticket!

How is it that TicketMaster can justify making more on ticket sales than both the artist AND the venue combined?

If the halos had their own internal method for ticket resale then I would say they could mildly justify their thought process.  The fact that they are using ticketmaster as an intermediary yet trying to justify things as they are is completely ridiculous.

If the halos prevail on this it's only because they have a good team of lawyers.  I will never buy anything from ticketmaster.  Ever.