• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Too much focus on the pitching

2 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

They had an 11 game stretch where they averaged five runs per game. If we now classify that as "going on a tear" then things are even sadder than I thought.

2 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

They had an 11 game stretch where they averaged five runs per game. If we now classify that as "going on a tear" then things are even sadder than I thought.

I doublechecked when you wrote that and figure you must be talking about from April 23 to May 4. And yes, I don't see that close to a tear.

4 minutes ago, nate said:

If you score 5 runs a game then you are going to win more games than you are going to lose.

And it still isn't "a tear". There are eight teams averaging around or above that for the whole season. It's a pretty good stretch, sandwiched between longer periods of completely sucking. It's hyperbolic to describe that as going on a tear and silly to be using that to defend our 26th ranked offense.

They should just let things play out, see if the guys turn it around, possibly call up some guys from the minors & when its near the trade deadline they can decide if they are sellers or buyers.

The whole 'Win Now' thing some have just doesn't seem realistic when you consider the roster + injuries.

2 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

They should just let things play out, see if the guys turn it around, possibly call up some guys from the minors & when its near the trade deadline they can decide if they are sellers or buyers.

The whole 'Win Now' thing some have just doesn't seem realistic when you consider the roster + injuries.

I agree.