• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ji-Man Choi DFA'd

2 minutes ago, Tipist said:

I have no supporting evidence, but I just have a feeling that he is going to clear waivers and end up in SLC, so that we can call him up later in the year and watch him not swing the bat when the weather has warmed up some more. 

That would be a good move on his part.  If there aren't any major league offers in hand, going to SLC would be a good environment to build up some value.  He can play 1B and LF as well as DH.  If he hits the way he's capable of, he'll be back up in no time.  I'm sure Jason Pritchett would have some douchy comment ready for deployment in that circumstance. 

20 hours ago, Tipist said:

I have no supporting evidence, but I just have a feeling that he is going to clear waivers and end up in SLC, so that we can call him up later in the year and watch him not swing the bat when the weather has warmed up some more. 

He will probably clear waivers....anybody who picks him up has to keep him on the 25 man roster all year, because the Rule 5 restriction still applies (I think)....Where the question may be is with Baltimore, who, if he clears waivers, can pay us $25,000 under Rule 5 and take him back, without keeping him on the major league roster (I think).....Question may be does Baltimore think he is worth having in their minor league system (they probably do, but this is strictly a guess).....

Funny you should mention the Feather duster,@Oz27. Saw a recent (May 9) article on a Phillies site called Crash Burn that suggests a Phillies shakeup that would include a recall from AAA of our very own Featherbat. But it gets better. This season at Lehigh Valley, the FeatherMan is hitting .308 with a high OPS.

Ain't that always the way it goes?

Edited by eligrba4ever

40 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Funny you should mention the Feather duster,@Oz27. Saw a recent (May 9) article on a Phillies site called Crash Burn that suggests a Phillies shakeup that would include a recall from AAA of our very own Featherbat. But it gets better. This season at Lehigh Valley, the FeatherMan is hitting .308 with a high OPS.

Ain't that always the way it goes?

Yeah after posting that I went to look at his statsm which make quite frustrating reading. He was out of his depth last year but he has some talent, it wouldn't stun me to see him end up making a decent utility player.

8 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

Yeah after posting that I went to look at his statsm which make quite frustrating reading. He was out of his depth last year but he has some talent, it wouldn't stun me to see him end up making a decent utility player.

Klentak gobbled him up right quick.  They've got some talent.  That Giles trade was genius.  

Seems like this is a win/win....We don't have a 1bman in the upper minor leagues so we make as much sense for him as anybody.......You know he can play 1b so I agree with Dochalo, it wouldn't hurt to give him a look in LF also....the guy has some ability....