• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 5/6 Angels vs Rays: Nava is back

3 minutes ago, Quinlanforthewin said:

Better get used to this, gonna be a long summer. 

Santiago, Weaver, Tropeano, Shoemaker, Smith? 

Worst rotation in baseball?

our rotation is now basically the Angels farm system of starting pitching.  

I'm an Angel lifer.  I'd like Arte to make a statement that he is too, and is committed to shepherding this franchise from it's current difficulties to a World Series championship.   All I'm asking for is a blood, guts, and feathers committment.  I'll be there as long as I live.  Will Arte?

4 minutes ago, California Cajun said:

I'm an Angel lifer.  I'd like Arte to make a statement that he is too, and is committed to shepherding this franchise from it's current difficulties to a World Series championship.   All I'm asking for is a blood, guts, and feathers committment.  I'll be there as long as I live.  Will Arte?

You're asking Arte to flat out lie to us.

7 minutes ago, California Cajun said:

I'm an Angel lifer also, but today I find myself pissed. 

I guess I'll get over it.

I wonder if there's any other fan base that goes through these painful streaks than Angel fans.

What hurts the most is that it's not like we're automatically out of it off the bat, which for some teams (Padres) it's pretty much expected, but we build up all these expectations and have that shiny bit of hope only to have the dream taken away somewhere between the first 3 months of the season typically.

12 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

I wonder if there's any other fan base that goes through these painful streaks than Angel fans.

What hurts the most is that it's not like we're automatically out of it off the bat, which for some teams (Padres) it's pretty much expected, but we build up all these expectations and have that shiny bit of hope only to have the dream taken away somewhere between the first 3 months of the season typically.

The worst part is we have the best player in baseball, a once in a generation player, and we're wasting him.  

6 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

You're asking Arte to flat out lie to us.

I don't think the Angels can achieve long-term success unless the fans know that the front office is as passionate about this team as their diehard fans.

When I was born I was less than two miles from Wrigley Field where the PCL Angels played at the time.

Angels is the ancestral name of this region's baseball since the 19th century.

It's where I'm from.  I hold those entrusted to the Angel brand to a high standard.

13 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

At a certain point Simmons has to hit better than .210 with no power to make his defense worth it. 

He's Rey Ordonez..Ordonez was a .245 career hitter with Simmons level defense.  No one thought of Rey Ordonez as a top MLB player.  Still don't understand the trade. 

I gotta be honest, whenever Trout hits a dinger, Pujols sure doesn't greet him at home plate with much enthusiasm.

It seems like he's a little butthurt.

This fuggin team and Arte need to figure it out, and figure it out quick, or before we know it Trouts contract is going to be up and he's gonna be moving on to a team like the Royals who have a ferocity in them and want to win a ring. This team is absolutely pathetic and Arte should be downright embarrassed with the product he's surrounded Trout with. Abysmal.

1 minute ago, California Cajun said:

I don't think the Angels can achieve long-term success unless the fans know that the front office is as passionate about this team as their diehard fans.

When I was born I was less than two miles from Wrigley Field where the PCL Angels played at the time.

Angels is the ancestral name of this region's baseball since the 19th century.

It's where I'm from.  I hold those entrusted to the Angel brand to a high standard.

Jigger Statz agrees.

1 minute ago, Quinlanforthewin said:

He's Rey Ordonez..Ordonez was a .245 career hitter with Simmons level defense.  No one thought of Rey Ordonez as a top MLB player.  Still don't understand the trade. 

Unless they saw something they didn't like in Newcomb and Ellis.

Eppler had little wiggle room yet wanted to get the team running the bases again.  I get what he was trying to do and agree with it.  

Just now, Quinlanforthewin said:

Eppler mentioning Nate Smith and Kyle Kendrick as possibilities.  This could be the worst Angels team I've ever seen (born in 85).  The lack of any young promise and the roster filled out mainly with other team's cast offs is just embarrassing.  

Oh they've had far worse.