• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm getting irritated with Hamilton

Who gives a $125 million contract to someone who had two terrible months in 2012, whose body is likely increasingly ravaged by post-drug use, and turns 32 in May? 

Either Arte or Jerry needs to admit that they jumped the gun.

Wasn't one jump the gun contract (Pujols) enough?

I wouldn't be surprised if they did offer Cano 8 years/$200 million after this season, even though he is 30 now.

Why did Dipoto not see this? The dudes K rate has been on the rise year after year. His sabermetrics were a red flag and anybody with some knowledge of the game knew he was not going to be anywhere near worth what he is paid. He is the reason the Angels starting staff is weak. Well him and Poopholes. We have 50million dollars a year tied up in a middle of the order that isnt even as good as the Baltimore Orioles. How many more years will we let Dipoto destroy this team before he gets let go? We fire coaches and now Scoscia is on the line so I guess we going to fire him now too? I guess we all blame Scoscia while that idiot at the front office is the one who has traded away our prospects and wasted money on overpaid washed up over the hill talent. Anyways, I created an account now so I could spew my hatred for Dipoto and the middle of the Angels order, particularly Pujols and Hamilton. The best players on the team continue to be home grown talent in Trout Trumbo and Kendrick as expected. This team is screwed for many years. Many Many years. We need a real GM.

Why did Dipoto not see this? The dudes K rate has been on the rise year after year. His sabermetrics were a red flag and anybody with some knowledge of the game knew he was not going to be anywhere near worth what he is paid. He is the reason the Angels starting staff is weak. Well him and Poopholes. We have 50million dollars a year tied up in a middle of the order that isnt even as good as the Baltimore Orioles. How many more years will we let Dipoto destroy this team before he gets let go? We fire coaches and now Scoscia is on the line so I guess we going to fire him now too? I guess we all blame Scoscia while that idiot at the front office is the one who has traded away our prospects and wasted money on overpaid washed up over the hill talent. Anyways, I created an account now so I could spew my hatred for Dipoto and the middle of the Angels order, particularly Pujols and Hamilton. The best players on the team continue to be home grown talent in Trout Trumbo and Kendrick as expected. This team is screwed for many years. Many Many years. We need a real GM.

I don't believe believe the big splash moves (Guerrero, Matthews, Hunter, Wells, Pujols, Hamilton) were made by any of the Angels' last three GMs. I believe they were motivated primarily by Arte himself. 

Moreno has stated publicly he allows his baseball people to run things but that doesn't mean he isn't ordering the to acquire at least one "marquee name" each offseason at all costs, and to prioritize marketing value and name recognition more than baseball ability.

Dude has stunk it up for 3 of the past 5 months.

How does that = $125 million?

And while Arte deserves some of the blame for signing off on Pujols and Hamilton, it was Dipoto who came up with the idea for both.  

And yes, until this org is fixed, I am going to be a broken record about this org being a mess all around. 

They may not be the Mets, Cubs, and Astros record wise at the MLB level through 2012, but they are fast heading in that direction. 

You can't continue to throw money year after year to fix the problem.

It has to be attacked from every direction: player personnel, manager/coaches, farm system, scouting, and foreign player development.

Can anyone on here truly say that any of those isn't messed up in some way?

I still have faith that Hamilton will rebound and this thread will give us some laughs in Sept. I'm more concerned about Pujols...looks like a quick decline well underway. I wish Mike would give him some time off and let  Schuck or Conger dh. As for Dipoto/Arte they shouda kept Greinke and Tori and (gulp) Wells....hindsight wisdom, I know but these guys are supposed to know the game.....

Who gives a $125 million contract to someone who had two terrible months in 2012, whose body is likely increasingly ravaged by post-drug use, and turns 32 in May? 

Either Arte or Jerry needs to admit that they jumped the gun.

Wasn't one jump the gun contract (Pujols) enough?

I wouldn't be surprised if they did offer Cano 8 years/$200 million after this season, even though he is 30 now.

I don't think the body has been ravaged by post-drug use. It probably was by the actual drug use, and it might make his body feel older than it actually is...that, of course, is a concern.

The other concern is that he has injured himself a lot, by playing hard (and head-first slides). These are probably factors in why nobody else wanted him for more than $100M.

I think he will age quickly, but I don't necessarily think that's what we're seeing now. Check back in a couple months and that opinion might change. But he always has been very streaky, and there are a lot of power hitters that are like that. They will look completely lost and clueless at the plate for long stretches, and then they will start clicking. Look at Giancarlo Stanton.

As far as Cano, somebody might offer him 8/$200M, but it won't be the Angels. I think they're OK with Kendrick for the next few years. Hopefully they draft his replacement in the next couple of drafts.