• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm getting irritated with Hamilton

He's distracted by the Head & Shoulders commercials he is doing with CJ.......it really irks me when he is the 3rd out, via a swing at a ball in the dirt off the plate about 3ft, and then the stupid commerical comes on.

good happens  :rolleyes:

Ok. We'll see how it works out. :)

You guys just don't realize fully how dumb he is yet. He's always said that he never watches tape and never has a game plan at the plate as though he's proud of it. As Rangers fans, we suspect the reason it turned for him last year was that after the 4 HR game opposing pitchers were just completely afraid to throw him a strike at all. ...they weren't nibbling the corners any more, they just outright pitched around him. To their surprise, he started flailing at everything way out of the zone and turned himself into an easy out.

Since then, the league has gradually learned. I was getting mad when the Rangers faced him when a Rangers pitcher would throw him a strike. You throw him four wide ones you'll get yourself a nice K or a dribbler. You throw him a strike, he may well hit it hard. ...but there is never any reason to throw a strike. So watch how people pitch him whenever it's an important situation. I think that the only time he's getting hits right now is when someone is aiming 6 inches low and away and accidently throws it on the corner.

That's a good description of what happened. Last July someone wrote an atricle that basically showed how Hamilton swung at the same number of pitches even though a much larger number of them were being thrown out of the zone.  He seemed to get over it in August and September, but all June and July he just kept hacking even though no one was throwing pitches near the strike zone.

I'm not sure what happened in August and September. Maybe he came across some pitchers who had not caught wind of how stupid he is. But you are right. The best way to pitch to him is to just throw balls outside the zone and watch him put himself out. 

Vernon Wells was doing that as an Angel, so I'm thinking the Yankees have some sort of electro-shock treatments that cures that. The Rangers just make low offers and say "Adios, muchacho."  The Angels probably need to go the electro-shock route because they have him for a long contract. Maybe they can waterboard him or something. I don't know. But, he has to figure out that he's not supposed to swing at every pitch no matter where it goes. 

He's always swung at the ball like this.  Just lolly gags at the plate rocking back and forth doing his crazy effective effortless swing.  Then one accidentally lands in the zone and he'll blast it.  It was jaw dropping watching him swing at some of the worst pitches I've ever seen over the last half of last season.  

As everybody is pondering whether or not this dude cares; one day he is going to hit a dribbler then break something sliding head first into first base in a meaningless game.  You'll be left scratching your head.  

I hope the Marlins are stupid enough to trade the Rangers Stanton.

He's always swung at the ball like this.  Just lolly gags at the plate rocking back and forth doing his crazy effective effortless swing.  Then one accidentally lands in the zone and he'll blast it.  It was jaw dropping watching him swing at some of the worst pitches I've ever seen over the last half of last season.  

As everybody is pondering whether or not this dude cares; one day he is going to hit a dribbler then break something sliding head first into first base in a meaningless game.  You'll be left scratching your head.  

I hope the Marlins are stupid enough to trade the Rangers Stanton.

I can't even summon the words to describe how monumentally stupid that statement is. If it were true, we'd all be capable of hitting 42 home runs in one year; we aren't. That makes your statement idiotic.

While I'm a Hamilton critic, and a critic of the signing dating back to the old AW site, you don't help the argument.

That's a good description of what happened. Last July someone wrote an atricle that basically showed how Hamilton swung at the same number of pitches even though a much larger number of them were being thrown out of the zone.  He seemed to get over it in August and September, but all June and July he just kept hacking even though no one was throwing pitches near the strike zone.

I'm not sure what happened in August and September. Maybe he came across some pitchers who had not caught wind of how stupid he is. But you are right. The best way to pitch to him is to just throw balls outside the zone and watch him put himself out. 

Vernon Wells was doing that as an Angel, so I'm thinking the Yankees have some sort of electro-shock treatments that cures that. The Rangers just make low offers and say "Adios, muchacho."  The Angels probably need to go the electro-shock route because they have him for a long contract. Maybe they can waterboard him or something. I don't know. But, he has to figure out that he's not supposed to swing at every pitch no matter where it goes. 

That kind of swing pretty much describes every slumpimg hitter. Hamilton is streaky, this is nothing new. He'll go through periods where he struggles mightily, the he'll collect himself and go on a tear where he is one of the best hitters in baseball. Oh and Vernon Wells was like that well before he was an Angel. He's having a good month, playing in the hitter friendly confines of Yankee Stadium. 

I can't even summon the words to describe how monumentally stupid that statement is. If it were true, we'd all be capable of hitting 42 home runs in one year; we aren't. That makes your statement idiotic.

While I'm a Hamilton critic, and a critic of the signing dating back to the old AW site, you don't help the argument.

Ha did you not watch him down the stretch last year?  He was on absolute fire in the beginning of the year when pitchers were throwing to him.

Ha did you not watch him down the stretch last year?  He was on absolute fire in the beginning of the year when pitchers were throwing to him.

Problem with your logic is, at which point, while he was "on fire", did some pitcher have the clarity of thought to stop throwing strikes at him....thus promoting then windfall of pitchers in the second half who decided to do the same thing?

Problem with your logic is, at which point, while he was "on fire", did some pitcher have the clarity of thought to stop throwing strikes at him....thus promoting then windfall of pitchers in the second half who decided to do the same thing?

I'm not sure when exactly how it happened but if yo look at his game logs you see he has a large drop off after May last season.  He was on such a tear at the beginning people were forced to try and walk him.  

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/4652/year/2012/josh-hamilton

I remember watching our games last season and our commentators always mentioning how he swings too much and needs to stop.  It just became more and more noticable as the year went on.  

I'm not sure when exactly how it happened but if yo look at his game logs you see he has a large drop off after May last season.  He was on such a tear at the beginning people were forced to try and walk him.  

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/4652/year/2012/josh-hamilton

I remember watching our games last season and our commentators always mentioning how he swings too much and needs to stop.  It just became more and more noticable as the year went on.  

Good to know. I wonder if all of th scouting in MLB is as good as yours. Makes me wonder how much the market would have paid Hamilton had we not snatched him. I doubt Pujols/fielder kind of money.

Good to know. I wonder if all of th scouting in MLB is as good as yours. Makes me wonder how much the market would have paid Hamilton had we not snatched him. I doubt Pujols/fielder kind of money.

I'm pretty sure we offered him 3 years.  Not sure of the amount but maybe around $75 mil.  

Which of course wouldn't have been possible if Hamilton had accepted the Rangers offer. 

We'll never know.  I have no idea what the new ownership is willing to spend.  I just know they didn't want to match the Angels offer for Hamilton and he accepted in LA.  I've been happy with Jon Daniels decisions as GM so I trust his plan.  It's not like we are winning less.