• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I seriously hate our bullpen

From the day last season ended I have been saying it.  We need to make the pen better.  We are a one run team.  We need to have a deep pen where someone besides Smith and Street could come in and close the door.   So far, not one option that we have thrown out there has been able to do that.  

We have been watching Scioscia for years.  His teams play a lot of close games.  When he has a deep pen, his teams win.  When he doesn't, the don't.  It's honestly that simple.  

I just don't get the lack of attention to the pen over the last 7 years now.  The one year it was addressed, was a 98 win season.  

I am totally sick of trotting out guys like Jose Alvarez and expecting good results.  It's just insane to me that somehow the thought process is that that's going to work.  It's the easiest thing to fix and yet we haven't.  

I actually haven't been watching games after the 7th inning for this very reason and it bums me out.  

Still think the offense will hold it's own as the season goes on, but I have zero hope for the pen.  Every single person we trot out there has a real chance of just blowing up.  I just don't get it.

I think both areas are void of talent

From the day last season ended I have been saying it. We need to make the pen better. We are a one run team. We need to have a deep pen where someone besides Smith and Street could come in and close the door. So far, not one option that we have thrown out there has been able to do that.

We have been watching Scioscia for years. His teams play a lot of close games. When he has a deep pen, his teams win. When he doesn't, the don't. It's honestly that simple.

I just don't get the lack of attention to the pen over the last 7 years now. The one year it was addressed, was a 98 win season.

I am totally sick of trotting out guys like Jose Alvarez and expecting good results. It's just insane to me that somehow the thought process is that that's going to work. It's the easiest thing to fix and yet we haven't.

I actually haven't been watching games after the 7th inning for this very reason and it bums me out.

How many losses does our pen have?

Grilli, Smith and Street, it was also the best we've seen of Morin. It was a very good bullpen. I can fix part of our bullpen. Call up Skaggs and put him in the pen.

True about Grilli and the experience he brought mid-2014.

Morin falls under fluke category, until returning to at least decent form.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I like Mahle, I think he has the potential to be really effective but Scioscia keeps pulling him after one batter. Last night was utterly stupid pulling him in the 6th after one batter and you still have almost four innings to fill with the pen. Scioscia played that like it was the 8th inning and he just wanted a lefty vs lefty matchup with a solid four relievers to use after. He doesn't, it was a stupid waste of resources that bit him in the ass in the 10th, leaving Alverez in to get his ass whipped when the Angels could not afford to give up a run.

In the 6th, you have room for error but what you decide to do in the 6th with the bullpen determines what you can do the rest of the game. Scioscia is not allowing one guy to be a long reliever, his idea of long relief is a complete inning. That is keeping your fish in a small tank, they never get any bigger. The Angels need some big fish in the bullpen.