• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

TSA Pre-check

Does anyone have this? Is it worth the $85 fee?

We fly 5-6 times per year, and a friend of mine recommended it. He travels on business a lot out of Orlando, so without bags, it works for him.

One other person I know has it, and she said it's nit worth it. So many people have it now, that the lines are just as long.

Pre-check is much faster, and you don't have to go through the body scanner.

That said it also depends upon the airport you are flying into and out of. LAX terminal 4, much faster. Tucson not much difference since it is one line anyway.

Keeping your shoes on,not having to take your laptop out, and just using the metal detector are major pluses.

My guess is that your friend that said no hasn't been through the cattle line in a long time so they really can't compare.

Edited by Slegnaac

Does anyone have this? Is it worth the $85 fee?

We fly 5-6 times per year, and a friend of mine recommended it. He travels on business a lot out of Orlando, so without bags, it works for him.

One other person I know has it, and she said it's nit worth it. So many people have it now, that the lines are just as long.

Best use of $85 ever.  It is super easy to do and makes life so much better.  I fly 10-12 times a year.

Basically they do a whole background check on you before you go meet with them, the interview is super short and you get it for five years.

Best use of $85 ever.  It is super easy to do and makes life so much better.  I fly 10-12 times a year.

Basically they do a whole background check on you before you go meet with them, the interview is super short and you get it for five years.

How long does the whole application process take, from the time you fill out the info online, until you have the ID card?

How long does the whole application process take, from the time you fill out the info online, until you have the ID card?

I want to say it was 2-3 weeks, I don't remember exactly.

They also occasionally host on site events where you can show up and do the application and interview the same day.  It is my understanding when you do that as long as everything checks out you have your pre-check in about a week.

Nate, the douchenozzle from San Bernardino would have passed that check before picking up Jihad Jane for his wife. Your safety is for sale, no wait let me rephrase that, TSA has sold your safety to the terrorists.

They still check all your bags and make you go through a metal detector.

Some companies reimburse for TSA Precheck application fee since the priority screening helps prevent potential costs like rescheduling flights. Atlanta is horrendous if you don't have priority status or TSA Precheck. I did my appt at JWA only waited for twenty minutes. It does take like two weeks but it's good for five years. Totally worth it.

Edited by JAHV76

I recommend it if you fly frequently.

Don't have to take your laptop/large electronics and liquids out of your luggage. Get to leave your shoes, belt and jacket on. Go through the Walk through metal detector instead of the AIT machine. Lines are usually shorter and move quickly.

Edited by Mr. Meeseeks

thanks dude.

i just applied right now. only took about 20 mins.

i have been putting off signing up for pre-check, glad i saw your comment before i did.

got my initial approval for Global Entry.

just had to set up the in-person interview.

next available time is in november. 

ha.

easy process though.

Edited by mrwicked