• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rant: Frontier Internet Service

Bit of a rant.  Didn't think the Frontier takeover of Verizon would be this problematic.  My internet went out on Monday and a tech came out to try and fix the issue to no avail.  I called them last night to set up another appointment for Friday since nobody would be home today.  I made this very clear as well.  

I get a call this morning from the tech saying he is 7 minutes out and I tell him he was supposed to come tomorrow.  I call Frontier to make sure they will still come tomorrow and get told they cant find my info at all and get hung up on after a long wait.  I call again and this time they can magically find my info and tell me my ticket was closed and there are no notes about coming out tomorrow.  Get told the earliest day is now Monday. Frustratingly agree to this.  Then I go on the live chat and threaten to ditch their ISP and somehow now they can fit me in tomorrow.

Hopefully this is the end of the problem.  Not off to a great start Frontier!

All internet/cable/dish customer services are shitty. I've had them all and there is no exception. Although, Time Warner may be the worst. I had an appointment for a tech to come out that their automated service even called to confirm the day before. The guy never showed up. I called and they said they had no record of an appointment. I think all the service providers are in cahoots, so that nobody will actually expect decent service from any of them.

Our school district was affected for 4 days.  17 school sites had no internet or phone service.  Our District Office was not affected because we have Time Warner that connects us to the Orange Co Dept of Ed.  I had to post the attendance for all the schools. 

It was hell.

Looney I posted a whole rant about Frontier lying about not transferring my HBO Go account over from verizon FIOS. So far they are managing to piss off everyone and don't seem to give a shit.

we had a cable company for a few years that promised everyone in the flyer they left in the apartment managers office that all of us got FSW and FSW2. it made for a nice recruiting tool to prospective tenants, but it was an outright lie. i called them several times about restoring that channel and got the runaround 100% of the time. finally decided to that there was really only one way to get their attention, so the next billing cycle i deducted $5 from my bill and wrote them a letter explaining that i had tired of paying for a service they advertised providing, and yet i couldn't get it, and until they either fixed the situation by providing the channel or reduced my bill for not providing, i was no longer going to pay for their inaccurate service.

well, that got someone's attention and i got a phone call about ten days later telling me that they were working on it. deducted $5 the next month and that prompted another phone call. bottom line is that they officially reduced my bill by $2.50 and stopped advertising that they offered those channels. 

looney, money talks to these companies, so if you're not getting what they advertised, i suggest knocking off a few bucks from your payment and writing them a letter explaining why. that's a message they'll hear.

Don't even get me going on Frontier. They have to be the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with and that's any industry. Their customer service is completely useless. I finally got so fed up with them I switched to Time Warner. I hate Time Warner (have had them in the past) but at this point, it's just dealing with the lesser of the two evils.

Edited by Chimi

My buddy just posted a rant about Frontier on FB.  All cable/internet providers are awful.  Their billing never makes sense.  I have time warner and hate them but they are pretty reliable compared to my experiences with Uverse. Any time my bill goes up I have to call them, they give me the run around on why I am being charged a higher price, I tell them I would like to cancel, they give me the price I want and then we do it all over again a couple months later.  If I didn't love sports so much I would cut the cord in a heartbeat but dealing with crappy streaming sites to watch hockey is awful.