• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Greg Mahle is here to stay

Good God he is nasty.

Butler, a dude who only hits lefties, was diving out of the way on a called strike 3.

He should have made opening roster but I understand giving Bedrock a chance.

Good for Eppler for not messing around and demoting Bedrock and getting this kid in there.

Mahle ain't going back to AAA ever. 

I'm taking Salas' heavy usage as a sign that his time is coming. Think the Angels are trying to squeeze every inning out of him while they can, see if he has anything to provide. 

Once Heaney returns, and especially Skaggs and Wilson, I imagine you'll see at least one of them or Trop, Shoe, or Santiago move to pen at that time. 

Salas is out of options (as is Rasmus) so I understand trying to get every useful outing possible out of them before they get the boot once the pitching crunch begins. Achter, Bedrosian, Guerra, Luetge, and Alburquerque all could be pushing them as well, but I know a few of them have roster nuances as well that will affect their ability to crack the 25-man.

I've thought all along we had good to great depth in the pen, and expected them to perform at least a little above average.

I can't really gauge the rotation off a start or two, but our depth has already been a godsend there. With Heaney, Wilson, Skaggs and almost Weaver facing health issues (plus Shoe's last year) we could have easily been in a position where Kyle Kendrick and Yunesky Maya were starting games for us in April instead of Nick Tropeano. Think that is proof alone that our depth is good.

Edited by totdprods

Mahle looks good. Hopefully his success isn't a short term thing. I'm sort of pissed that Bedrosian looks like he's yet another Angels draft flop though. 😕 Shitty enough that I was hoping a first round pick would simply be a serviceable reliever. Doubt we even get that out of this guy.

Edited by UndertheHalo