• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I think it's time for a break

Homebrewer, on 26 Apr 2013 - 10:29, said:snapback.png

The Angels need a mascot. Maybe two mascots.

They could be big flowers, named Buttercup and Pansy.

Or they could have an animal mascot come out and make appearances in high leverage situation --  as a cheerleader of sorts. Let's say, in the 6th inning or later if the Angels are tied or down by less than 4 runs. Unfortunately for that kind of a gimmick to work well and not just p*ss people off the team would need to have a bullpen capable of holding a lead and giving the team a chance to get back  :(

It's all perspective. In all seriousness, the fact that this team underperforms, especially given the expectations and money being spent upsets me. Of course, I remember the days when Autry went out and got the biggest free agents in the late 70s and early 80s, and would still underperform, so I'm used to it. The problem is that everything is so magnified now, with the internet, dedicated sports channels, and instant access to everything. It gives all of us a chance to vent our not insignificant frustrations with hundreds of others, whereas before, it was maybe just family and friends. Of course it's going to seem like everybody is complaining now, because we hear it so much more than in the "old days".

On the other hand, with how expensive it is to attend games, buy gas to go to games, parking, and for those of us who live out of town, buying viewing packages (MLB Extra Innings or mlb.tv), we have every right to expect better for the money that we do spend. There are a lot of other entertainment options out there, and in this day and age, we are going to demand better value for those few entertainment dollars that we have.

For my part, I have learned to become a much better overall baseball fan, and I can appreciate the intricacies and the stats of the game. So if this team tanks, I can at least follow the game in general and my fantasy players specifically. But I would rather have this team AND my fantasy teams matter.

Or they could have an animal mascot come out and make appearances in high leverage situation --  as a cheerleader of sorts. Let's say, in the 6th inning or later if the Angels are tied or down by less than 4 runs. Unfortunately for that kind of a gimmick to work well and not just p*ss people off the team would need to have a bullpen capable of holding a lead and giving the team a chance to get back  :(

I Like that idea, but animals come with loads of risk. Better to have video of one, than take the chance of it throwing feces, biting, or sportin wood.

You're holding tix and getting ready to head to the ballpark in a while, so that is understandable.

Can't get worse than last night....can it?

Now that is a loaded question...................

I'm not going to comment about tonight's game. Cy RandomDude will likely win for the Mariners. I think we'll at least put one on the board though so that's progress. For Saturday's game though there's good news and bad news:

The good news: Felix Hernandez is pitching. Angels have his number

The bad news: Joe Blanton is pitching

Judging from the empty seats in the stadium, lots of people are taking a break.

Here was my post from the first page, so like I said, I did already. 

Besides, my subsequent comment was not about a personal grudge but the double standard regarding the COC, a topic raised by another poster...or we are not allowed to respond to other posts?

Get off my back already, big time internet mod.

You're holding tix and getting ready to head to the ballpark in a while, so that is understandable.

Can't get worse than last night....can it?

Well. Here's the thing.

A light shines on a dog's ass every once in a while. That happened last night to Maurer, though he's not a bad pitcher. He won the minor league pitcher of the year award last year for the Mariners. 

I give the Angels a pass on Wednesday night's game. Nobody is beating Darvish that night. His command of ALL of his pitches was on point. The best offense in baseball doesn't score runs off Darvish in that scenario. 

Again, focus... We just swept the Tigers, missed one late that could have gone our way (Should have) on Monday, won on Tuesday and had an off night on Thursday against Maurer. Shit happens.

We'll get em tonight. Heads up and shoulders back Angels fans. If you wish to look for sky falling, keep looking up. You may have a Seagull drop some shit on your face. 

Here was my post from the first page, so like I said, I did already. 

Besides, my subsequent comment was not about a personal grudge but the double standard regarding the COC, a topic raised by another poster...or we are not allowed to respond to other posts?

Get off my back already, big time internet mod.

I'm being oppressed!!!!!!

And if not, why was the entire thread tossed? (blobster raises hand to answer the question) Because Lifetime hijacked the topic, got ganged up on by several posters, and then resorted to personal attacks, including the aforementioned profanity.

You should take a break. A long break. Matter of fact, dont come back. Bum.

A great way to establish yourself as a respectable member of a message board community is to make your 13th post an insult to one of the long-time, respected users of this forum.

No, "as swipe" is not a profanity.

Then why was the thread tossed? I was in there and commented that I couldn't see letting my kid peruse a site with that kind of language, whether you think asswipe, which is a profanity and WAS a personal attack, is a profanity or not. It's not something my son needs to read on a baseball fan site. I'm just asking a very common sense question.

I think some of us (including myself) need to stop caring so much.  It's a shame that a sports teams can put me in a bad mood so regularly. 

I want to support them, I really do.  I love the halos.  Always have, but I can no longer justify spending time, money or mental effort on a team that really gives us nothing in return but frustration.  I am done blaming people or getting my ire up over what amounts to mass underachievement. 

Don't get me wrong.  I am still interested in what's going on, as I am a huge fan of the game in general.  Yet with any product, my patronage will depend on whether the product satisfies my needs and I think it's worth the money or effort to incorporate it into my life. 

I agree. Thing is, I just don't seem to enjoy watching these games much and while losing makes it less enjoyable, my issue is the predictability of the loss. This team is fairly predictable. After pitching gives up multiple runs, the offense just swings away and throws strategy out the window.

Then why was the thread tossed? I was in there and commented that I couldn't see letting my kid peruse a site with that kind of language, whether you think asswipe, which is a profanity and WAS a personal attack, is a profanity or not. It's not something my son needs to read on a baseball fan site. I'm just asking a very common sense question.

I was joking, "as swipe", get it?