• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How long before the Tech Sector goes full libertarian?

http://www.wired.com/2016/04/senates-draft-encryption-bill-privacy-nightmare/

Kevin Bankston, the director of the New America Foundation’s Open Technology Institute, goes even further: “I gotta say in my nearly 20 years of work in tech policy this is easily the most ludicrous, dangerous, technically illiterate proposal I’ve ever seen,” he says.

“This basically outlaws end-to-end encryption,” says Joseph Lorenzo Hall, chief technologist at the Center for Democracy and Technology. “It’s effectively the most anti-crypto bill of all anti-crypto bills.”

Jobs was the easy one. Yes. 

Zuckerberg is techy but rather apolitical.

Gates is techy but his politics in the past seemed to be whatever benefited MS which went along with the US (and other) government's whim being one if not their best customers.  Now replace MS mostly with his foundation.

I think when you get that kind of wealth your political views alter radically.

However among the rank and file, the actual people who deal with tech as a primary function of their job, they notoriously lean libertarian when they are political which many of course are not. Ew social interaction ew!