• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Minor League Statlines & Prospects thread

Baldoquin still has nice hands and transfer, but he can't hit a ball 250 ft, he looks smaller, and seems to be just going through the motions. Had the Angels not spent 16 million on him I wonder where he would be right now.

Burlington lost 3-1

Castillo (15) 4ip, 5h, 3er, 1bb, 3k

Jonah Wesely (25) and Nathan Bates both with 2ip, 0er and 3k.  Both guys sat out most of 2016.  Wondering if they will ramp Wesely back up to being a starter.  

Brennon Lund (21) - 2/2, bb.  BYU product decided to forgo his mission.  The threat of which scared a lot of people away from him in the draft.  Still went in the 11th.  Smoked in Orem and then came back to earth at Burlington last year.  I could see him moving to IE pretty quickly.  

Jones - 0/5 with 3k.  now 0/10.  Maybe it's that horrendous stache' he grew.  

Montgomery also 0 fer again but he's got 5bb in 9 pa.  His ave is .000 and his obp is .556.  

66er's lost 7-4

Jose Rodriguez - 4.2ip, 5h, 2er, 1bb, 6k.  Quietly solid last year.  Doesn't throw hard.  Still only 21 yo.  

Hermosillo - 3/4, bb, sb

Thaiss - 1/4, 2b

Gibbons - 2/5, 2 sb

Mobile wins 3-2

Luis Diaz - 6ip, 2h, 0er, 1bb, 8k.  WhoTF is that?  Former BOS and SDP farmhand.  Turns 25 tomorrow. Was doing pretty well through his age 22 season in 2014, then kinda fell apart at AA in 2015 and had a tough 2016.  

Wade Wass - 1/3, hr

SLC lost 12-5

Daniel Wright - 3.1ip, 9h, 9er

Fontana, Robinson and Flores with 2h each.  

Cowart - 0-4, 3k.  

A - burlington won 4-1

Gatto - 5ip, 4h, 1er, 3bb, 2k.  seems like smoke and mirrors.  hopefully not

Greyfer Eregua - 3ip, 3h, 0er, 0bb, 4k.  From the Cubs org.  From the Cubs org.  23 yo with 3.14 era in 218 minor league innings.  203k, 43bb, 183h.  No starts.  Another Eppler peanut.  

Jones - 2/4.  got picked off. Nice to see him check in.  Played LF tonight.   

Baldoquin - 0/3 with an error.  

Jordan Zimmerman - 2/4, hr

A+ lost 15-4

Pena - 3ip, 7h, 7er, 4bb, 5k.  

Hermosillo - 1/4, 2b, bb

Thaiss - 2/4, bb

Gibbons - 2/5

AA - lost 5-4

Kipper - 5ip, 5h, 2er, 2bb, 2k, hr

Paredes - 1.2ip 2h, 1bb, 1k

Eric Karch - 2ip, 2k.  25yo was in the pittsburgh org till mid last year.  

Luis Tejada - 4/5.  Still on fire.  

Caleb Adams - 2/5, hr, 2b

AAA - lost 8-5

Gagnon - 2.2ip, 6h, 4er, 2bb, 3k

Cowart - 1/4, hr, bb

Ackley - 3/5

Sherman Johnson - 2/3, bb.  4bb and 0k in 3 games.  Has played 1b in all three games.  

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

A - burlington won 4-1

Gatto - 5ip, 4h, 1er, 3bb, 2k.  seems like smoke and mirrors.  hopefully not

Greyfer Eregua - 3ip, 3h, 0er, 0bb, 4k.  From the Cubs org.  From the Cubs org.  23 yo with 3.14 era in 218 minor league innings.  203k, 43bb, 183h.  No starts.  Another Eppler peanut.  

Jones - 2/4.  got picked off. Nice to see him check in.  Played LF tonight.   

Baldoquin - 0/3 with an error.  

Jordan Zimmerman - 2/4, hr

A+ lost 15-4

Pena - 3ip, 7h, 7er, 4bb, 5k.  

Hermosillo - 1/4, 2b, bb

Thaiss - 2/4, bb

Gibbons - 2/5

AA - lost 5-4

Kipper - 5ip, 5h, 2er, 2bb, 2k, hr

Paredes - 1.2ip 2h, 1bb, 1k

Eric Karch - 2ip, 2k.  25yo was in the pittsburgh org till mid last year.  

Luis Tejada - 4/5.  Still on fire.  

Caleb Adams - 2/5, hr, 2b

AAA - lost 8-5

Gagnon - 2.2ip, 6h, 4er, 2bb, 3k

Cowart - 1/4, hr, bb

Ackley - 3/5

Sherman Johnson - 2/3, bb.  4bb and 0k in 3 games.  Has played 1b in all three games.  

I think they're grooming Sherm to be our future utility guy. 

24 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

The door is open for him with Espinosa and Escobar being free agents. I bet we'll keep one of those and use Sherman as a Swiss Army knife (1B, 2B, SS, 3B, RF, LF) Zobrist type of role.

I'd really like to see Marte at 3B full time and Fletcher/Johnson platoon at 2B in 2018. 

6 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'd really like to see Marte at 3B full time and Fletcher/Johnson platoon at 2B in 2018. 

I'm just not convinced Marte can pick it at 3B. The Angels hardly played him there at all in Spring, and even when Yunel wasn't playing last year, they didn't typically use Jefry at 3B. 

I think if Jefry keeps hitting, he'll force the Angels hand on Cron at 1B. I think the more likely scenario will be either Revere or Maybin will return for LF and lead off. 3B will likely be opened up for Valbuena and 2B will be between Sherman and Fletcher while Marte or Cron will be dealt and the other will take 1B until Thaiss arrives.

I don't know how realistic it is, but I wouldn't mind Espinosa returning next year in Cliff's role. Plus infield defense, could probably pick the corner infields and LF in a pinch, has some pop, switch-hitter, occasionally capable of taking a walk. Would have to be on a major hometown discount though, and he'd have to feel comfortable with a utility role at this point in his career. 

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I don't know how realistic it is, but I wouldn't mind Espinosa returning next year in Cliff's role. Plus infield defense, could probably pick the corner infields and LF in a pinch, has some pop, switch-hitter, occasionally capable of taking a walk. Would have to be on a major hometown discount though, and he'd have to feel comfortable with a utility role at this point in his career. 

I think if Danny was comfortable with a utility role, he likely would've been fine staying in Washington.