• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

we are the laughing stock of MLB and all professional sports

Sure it blows. But laughing stock? Doubt it. It is simply surprising that "the team is so talented" and we are basically doing nothing. There are plenty of teams that have done worse, past and present. The Marlins' and Pirates come to mind. One team has 2 WS and no one in that town could give a f***. And the Pirates haven't had a .500 season since I was born. The payroll issue is the most obvious. The Dodgers are in a heap of trouble of their own. The reason our flaws become so apparent is the fact that we aren't the "real" LA team so any shot they have to further discredit us the better.

It definitely could be a lot worse. Last year I was all on board with Scioscia. Now, not as much. I'm not sure things in Boston would be the same if Bobby was still the skipper. So maybe, just maybe it is time for a change. Also the focus on getting some kind of pitching depth helps. 

Can we stop saying this team has talent?  Our pitching staff has no talent and pitching is a key part of the game.

Can we stop saying this team has talent?  Our pitching staff has no talent and pitching is a key part of the game.

This team does has talent, however hard work beats talent every time if talent doesn't work hard. And that is what is going on. I'm not a delusional fan that doesn't see the problem. I see it, I saw it from the beginning. There was no reason to get Hamilton if you couldn't get a decent pitching staff to keep things together. That in itself was a very short-sighted move in my opinion. Getting Blanton and Hanson were moves that shouldn't of happened.They were mere panic moves that happened because there was no one out there that "they wanted". The opportunities were there.

This team does has talent, however hard work beats talent every time if talent doesn't work hard. And that is what is going on. I'm not a delusional fan that doesn't see the problem. I see it, I saw it from the beginning. There was no reason to get Hamilton if you couldn't get a decent pitching staff to keep things together. That in itself was a very short-sighted move in my opinion. Getting Blanton and Hanson were moves that shouldn't of happened.They were mere panic moves that happened because there was no one out there that "they wanted". The opportunities were there.

I would add that trading away minor league pitchers last year for rentals put us in a position where they had to accept sub par pitchers, we literally depleted the farm of pitching to start this year.  DiPoto took a terrible gamble last year, and he compounded it this year.  Was the risk worth it?   Easy to say second guessing it, but it appears to have been the wrong choice.  This was the kind of situation Stoneman avoided, but the fans hated.  

It is an interesting thing, fans hated Stoneman because he never "pulled the plug" on the big trade or big FA signing, yet the team won consistently.

Then Dipoto comes along and does basically the opposite, the team seems to not be that good yet most fans are still backing Dipoto.

It is an interesting thing, fans hated Stoneman because he never "pulled the plug" on the big trade or big FA signing, yet the team won consistently.

Then Dipoto comes along and does basically the opposite, the team seems to not be that good yet most fans are still backing Dipoto.

I think a lot of people judge a GM not by the results, but how many times the Halos show up on Baseball Tonight or the trade/FA rumor list during the deadline and offseason.

• 10 years later...