• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If we had signed a big name LF?

zenmaster

Is there something even approximating a coherent point here?

Both David Freese (121 innings) and Yunel Escobar (139 innings) played 3B exclusively in 2015. Based on UZR/150, Freese rated +0.6 (average) and Escobar rated -9.8 (poor.) 2015 was Escobar's first MLB season at 3B since he played 22 games there in 2007, so comparing statistical performance between the two prior to 2015 isn't possible. However, based on this full season, Freese is a significantly superior defensive 3B compared to Escobar.

Escobar is a less expensive contract than Freese. Escobar is a better base runner than Freese. Escobar is a higher OBP bat than Freese (Freese is a better SLG bat.) Escobar in no way projects to be a better defensive 3B than Freese.

.....Yeah and your response hit it right on the head. I won't argue numbers with you, It was one year. David Freese made this legend for himself  by getting a few big hits in the World Series. The truth is that David Freese got a few big hits for us and landed a ton of DL time. If anyone thinks that David Freese is a consistent player and is better than either one of our current options, then shame on you. 

Edited by DailyHalo

.....Yeah and your response hit it right on the head. I won't argue numbers with you, It was one year. David Freese made this legend for himself  by getting a few big hits in the World Series. The truth is that David Freese got a few big hits for us and landed a ton of DL time. If anyone thinks that David Freese is a consistent player and is better than either one of our current options, then shame on you. 

David Freese spent time on the DL in 2014 for a broken bone after being hit by a pitch. Freese spent time on the DL in 2015 for a broken bone after being hit by a pitch.

I'm sorry that reality appears to have a bias against your "opinions."

.....Still wasn't on the field and still wasn't consistent. It should be obvious Injuries are a major cause of unfulfilled potential. If every player could stay healthy, then there would be way more all-stars and a lot fewer disappointments.

Edited by DailyHalo

I know what your saying, His injuries aren't his fault. At the end of the day though, He wasn't on the field and it effected the at-bats he did eventually get. If anything Escobar should play second and Cowart at 3rd. I'm a Giavotella supporter and I think he can turn his defense around. His bat is more than adequate for the position and he hits late in games. You take a handful of miscues away from johnny and he doesn't look so bad. His problem is that he isn't the most fluent looking fielder.

I know what your saying, His injuries aren't his fault. At the end of the day though, He wasn't on the field and it effected the at-bats he did eventually get. If anything Escobar should play second and Cowart at 3rd. I'm a Giavotella supporter and I think he can turn his defense around. His bat is more than adequate for the position and he hits late in games. You take a handful of miscues away from johnny and he doesn't look so bad. His problem is that he isn't the most fluent looking fielder.

His fielding range is also suspect, and unfortunately that might not be able to be fixed.

David Freese spent time on the DL in 2014 for a broken bone after being hit by a pitch. Freese spent time on the DL in 2015 for a broken bone after being hit by a pitch.

That SOB should have known he might get hit by a pitch and drank more milk.....  but noooooo....

Edited by Inside Pitch