• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angers' Writer Still Sore

As in butt hurt sore...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-rangers/headlines/20130422-baseball-town-angels-stadium-sports-sparse-crowd-before-first-game-of-series-with-rangers.ece

It should be noted that we lead them in average attendance this season.

Oh and when I went to the DMN site's sports section to copy that link...  It was the Cowboys who are featured on the sports section's lead photo/story...  In April...

I really think I might hate Ranger fans more than Yankee fans in general sense with this. Any "Rangers" fan is delusional if they truly believe Dallas is a baseball town. Pfft. Nothing like not filling up a stadium on a FRIDAY night because of HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. Does this writer not realize, it's a Monday for christ's sake.Do you really think people are going to make it there early, let alone on time when you basically just got off work. Such butt hurt.

angel stadium has the benefit of being in a more populated region with a much more comfortable climate. still, attendance numbers don't indicate the true number of people attending the game.

With another major league team 30 miles down the road. Sorry, the population argument fails. Besides, isn't the Metroplex supposed to be comfortable this time of year? More so than, say, August?

I'm sorry, it's a football town, and will always be a football town until the hicks that live there figure out that Jerry Jones is laughing all the way to the bank with their money and an inferior product.

Which should be any day now...

I'm guessing if you did a poll in Dallas that asked would you rather have the Cowboys win the Super Bowl or the Rangers win the World Series it would be pretty lopsided in favor of the Cowboys. And they know that there. Even this idiot writer knows that.

Who cares about it being a "baseball town." If you like baseball you go to games or watch them on TV. you talk about the sport to friends or online. i just dont see the big deal about this whole silly issue. Football is always gonna be huge in Dallas .The only reason I would take offense to this whole issue is if it means that people in dallas supposedly dont understand the game.

Who cares about it being a "baseball town." If you like baseball you go to games or watch them on TV. you talk about the sport to friends or online. i just dont see the big deal about this whole silly issue. Football is always gonna be huge in Dallas .The only reason I would take offense to this whole issue is if it means that people in dallas supposedly dont understand the game.

A lot of your fellow Ranger fans seem to care about it. Go talk to them about it.

I have just two words for Metroplex "baseball" fans:

Tony Romo

This loser is getting paid $17M/year, which is more than any player for the Rangers is getting paid, and only Beltre's contract has an AAV of $17M for the next three years.

Shows where the money, and by extension, the loyalties of the fans are.

Tony Romo

This loser is getting paid $17M/year, which is more than any player for the Rangers is getting paid, and only Beltre's contract has an AAV of $17M for the next three years.

calling him a loser. Thats funny 

Tony Romo

We are paying Hamilton $25 mil.  And how much we paying Vernon this year?

For Hamilton to blow off the Rangers fans about not being a 'baseball town', and then see the stands at the beginning of the game last night, it makes him look silly.

But then, he also looks silly waving at junk for strike 3 all the time.

Tony Romo

this is one of the dumbest sports-related arguments i've ever heard.

this is one of the dumbest sports-related arguments i've ever heard.

Ummm...ok...

There are some in DFW who might miss the Rangers if they left. I am very sure that almost the entire population would miss the Cowboys if they left. It's a football town, and denying that's is the case probably involves some of the dumbest logic ever.

The Angels still drew over 36,000 for a Monday night game after missing the playoffs for three straight years and having another bad start to this season. I wonder how Texas would fare with the same results?

There weren't 36,000 there.  There weren't close to 36,000 there.

the angels' stretch hasn't been long or bad enough to have any real impact on attendance.

and to the guy who said the population argument fails: you realize there are 18 million people in the los angeles csa, right? that's pretty significant.

Divided between (at least) two teams, and no matter how much any of us feels, a significant majority of those that are fans of the local teams are Dodger fans. Orange County has half the population of DFW, and even when adding in the entire Inland Empire, the population is a little higher than that of DFW, but lower if you add the entirety of Texas north of Austin. So the population argument DOES fail, especially when you consider that there is no homogenous "border" between the two teams and the amount of transplants from other areas (NY & BOS, for instance) who bring their initial loyalties with them.