• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Phillips and Bruce

OregonLAA

I don't come up with trade scenarios very often or targets because I don't know what's realistic, but I have to think this would be a good get for the Angels. Some left handed power for the middle of the order and a great defender in Phillips which would be the best up the middle duo in baseball. It wouldn't take much trade wise if we took on a good chunk of the money. It only makes the lineup a little bit better, but we would have the best defense in baseball with Cowart at third. Not a big enough offensive boost? Or too much money? Thoughts?

I made this same proposal a couple days ago. To do this tho, the reds pretty much would be forced to take cj in order to make the money work to stay under the tax. Phillips would be a huge upgrade at 2b. Not a big fan of Bruce, but he would be much better than what we had last year in lf, upgrade at 2positions. Two holes filled. Then find another sp and a rp.

these kinds of trades don't really seem to happen.  Usually because they can get more if they move each guy separately.   A year of Bruce probably gets you Ellis.  2yrs of philips probably something similar.  together, it's more of a salary dump.  

the reds probably care less about the money than they do the talent in return.  they would probably keep both of these guys till they get max player value in return.  I'm sure they'd even eat some money to get what they want.