• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels getting interest in Gott

Mark68

I think the Angels have made it clear they aren't going to sign a free agent SP.  They are gonna make a run at one of the big 4 OF options and try to get Freese.  

I am a huge fan of tremendous bullpens.  Especially considering our manager.  Instead of trading Gott, we should be adding.  I'd have no problem trading Bedrosian if it nets us an everyday player somehow.  But I doubt it will.  The Royals just added Soria to their already excellent pen.   We are going to have Fernando Salas manning the 6th or 7th in close games.  Yet again, I am gonna wait and see what happens in that Eppler has professed that he is a fan of minor league free agents.  

We might end up pretty active only after the dust settles.  Not sure we are going to do much at these meetings.  

Just due to the way he finished the year...

10er combined with 9 walks in his last 16 appearances worries me a bit

My main concern with Gott is that right now he's still a 1 pitch guy only and doesn't strike anybody out. Not a great combination for a reliever. His curve shows promise but it's still a work in progress for him

Fair enough on both parts.  I'm not great at evaluating relievers so it was an honest question.  I've just heard a lot about him being a possible future closer.  The end of the year slump could just be attributed to youth, although maybe not.  The other questions about his stuff is very valid, but like I said I'm not great at evaluating RP.  The strikeout rate definitely is a red flag although it doesn't look like that was as much of an issue in the minors as it was last year so maybe once again its just a matter of getting enough innings in the majors.

Edited by AngelsFanSince86

I don't believe Shields ever tossed it up there at a 82mph clip! I get the competitor part of the Weaver thought not the ability.

Agreed, but Weaver has always succeeded with deception.  I could see that working for the 7th inning, then turning it over to Smith and Street.  The biggest issue would be does he have a rubber arm like Shields and can pitch every day.  I think he might.

Bedrosian is a young Kevin Jepsen. Both are former first round picks, both were atrocious in a rotation, both convert to relief, both have a big fastball and slider, and both have command issues.

Eventually, Jepsen figured it out, so with Cam.

Jepsen was pretty rough at first, but never did he even come close to the atrocities Bedrosian has committed on the mound.

Jepsen was pretty rough at first, but never did he even come close to the atrocities Bedrosian has committed on the mound.

I completely agree.

I just don't trust Bedrock at all.  If Bedrock is the second coming of Jepsen, that only reinforces my dislike of him.  Besides, he looks like a bigger version of an Ewok.  I hate Ewoks.

@NorCal Halo~

With Weavers history of back issues I don't see him being able to work on consecutive days....

Yeah I don't get why anyone would think Weaver could be rubber armed. Except that he kinda does look like a rubber tree from a distance.

Gott's peripherals make last year look like smoke and mirrors, I'd trade high on him if the opportunity presents itself.

That said, his K rate in the minors was much better, so maybe it would improve. Just seems like relievers typically come up and don't take as long to adjust most of the time. Sometimes it feels like they start better before the scouting reports are out on them and then regress. Hard to tell which way it'll go for him.

I completely agree.

I just don't trust Bedrock at all. If Bedrock is the second coming of Jepsen, that only reinforces my dislike of him. Besides, he looks like a bigger version of an Ewok. I hate Ewoks.

Hey, people say that we need to be more active in the international market. Maybe interplanetary is the way to go.