• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Advertisements

Chuck

Question

Greetings AngelsWin.com guys & gals, 

Recently I've been getting complaints about the ads running here, how they're either taking too much of the screen at the top, redirecting automatically to another page from here or some have complained of audio ads. Just so you know, I have absolutely zero control over which ads are displayed here. 

I'm running Windows 7 & 8 on two different laptops and using IE11 and Google Chrome and I'm not seeing any of these issues.

What I need from you who have experienced issues with ads is the following for me to triage:

Browser type (and version):

Mobile or Desktop:

Operating System:

Do you experience the same issue across all browsers, tablets, mobile devices? If not, which ones do not give you this undesired experienced with ads?

Have you cleared your browser cache/cookies? If not, please do so and try again.

I want to make sure your experience here is the best it can be. 

That said, there is a solution that I can provide if you do not want to be annoyed by ads on your desktop going forward. I can create a group of members that will be exempt from seeing ads. In doing so, my revenue to pay for expenses and web site costs will take a drastic hit. But there is a solution.

In that case, I can offer no ads for all members for just $25 a year or $100 for life.

Please let me know what your thoughts are on this and I will move forward with a plan. 

I doubt that most people would object to ads per se. It's the intrusive ones that expand, automatically play videos or require you to visit another site or download an application in order to do what you wanted to do that are the issue.

I run a sports message board with a much smaller following than this one, and the ads on the site help to keep it free. However, when Proboards began running intrusive ad content like some that we are talking about here, many board admins complained to the main site operators and it was stopped. We still have ads, but they are plain banner ads with no redirects.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan