• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Advertisements

Chuck

Question

Greetings AngelsWin.com guys & gals, 

Recently I've been getting complaints about the ads running here, how they're either taking too much of the screen at the top, redirecting automatically to another page from here or some have complained of audio ads. Just so you know, I have absolutely zero control over which ads are displayed here. 

I'm running Windows 7 & 8 on two different laptops and using IE11 and Google Chrome and I'm not seeing any of these issues.

What I need from you who have experienced issues with ads is the following for me to triage:

Browser type (and version):

Mobile or Desktop:

Operating System:

Do you experience the same issue across all browsers, tablets, mobile devices? If not, which ones do not give you this undesired experienced with ads?

Have you cleared your browser cache/cookies? If not, please do so and try again.

I want to make sure your experience here is the best it can be. 

That said, there is a solution that I can provide if you do not want to be annoyed by ads on your desktop going forward. I can create a group of members that will be exempt from seeing ads. In doing so, my revenue to pay for expenses and web site costs will take a drastic hit. But there is a solution.

In that case, I can offer no ads for all members for just $25 a year or $100 for life.

Please let me know what your thoughts are on this and I will move forward with a plan. 

my problems have been with my mac. at school, i use safari and have an older OS, and the last week i've been bombarded with ads and redirects. i switched to google chrome yesterday and everything is cleaned up. 

i occasionally have issues with ads on my mac at home, but i'm running the newer OS and not having the same problems like i do with my school mac.

i've signed out of aw.com and cleared my browser history, but it didn't seem to make much difference. i havne't done that with my school mac yet, and probably should so i can see if it makes a difference. for the foreseeable future i think i'll stick with chrome.

I had to download a free app to proceed to the message board yesterday.

Mobile or Desktop?

Meaning, were you on the mobile version on your mobile device, or desktop version of this forum on your mobile device? Or was this on your desktop? If so, which browser? OS?

I'd dump the ad networks in favor of site sponsorships, local advertisers, CPA agreements with direct marketers, and building an affiliate program. I think AW could clear $100K annually with the switch.

If you can make this happen, I'll give you a % of the cut.

Send me a PM. 

If you can make this happen, I'll give you a % of the cut.

Send me a PM. 

I have my hands full on my own businesses . You built a media platform and a loyal list without much advertising. If you were to ramp up more good quality content and advertise then I can see this site being a springboard to a serious business. Take articles and turn them into youtube videos, run facebook ads, have a weekly podcast, do what I suggested in my previous post, etc etc. It's a ton of work because you're growing a business but you already have a running start.

The Angels did the heavy lifting by spending hundreds of millions a year to create and maintain the fanbase. Your path to riches is to find the most fanatic and monetize them.

It'll take learning new skills but everything is out there for essentially free.

my problems have been with my mac. at school, i use safari and have an older OS, and the last week i've been bombarded with ads and redirects. i switched to google chrome yesterday and everything is cleaned up. 

i occasionally have issues with ads on my mac at home, but i'm running the newer OS and not having the same problems like i do with my school mac.

i've signed out of aw.com and cleared my browser history, but it didn't seem to make much difference. i havne't done that with my school mac yet, and probably should so i can see if it makes a difference. for the foreseeable future i think i'll stick with chrome.

yeah chrome works great, especially if you have AdBlock (free chrome app).  I would suggest doing that anyways because it clears up ads on any site that has ads.  Even works on Pandora by cutting any ads you would see AND cuts out the commercials they make you listen to between songs if you only have a free account.

yeah chrome works great, especially if you have AdBlock (free chrome app).  I would suggest doing that anyways because it clears up ads on any site that has ads.  Even works on Pandora by cutting any ads you would see AND cuts out the commercials they make you listen to between songs if you only have a free account.

AdBlock may help YOU, but it most certainly doesn't help website owners and their costs, especially this one to remain free (as it currently is) if a good majority of people use it. 

I experience it on Safari on my mac, running the latest OS and browser version. I don't notice it on Firefox or Chrome, but I rarely use them to browse the site, as I'm not logged in on them (yes, Im that lazy). 

In the shout box Homebrewer notes that he experiences the issue on Internet Explorer.

Just navigating to this page i had to press back and refresh 3 times before the browser wasn't hijacked and sent to an ad. 

If you recall before this there was the frozen Goose Island ad that was stuck for weeks, if not longer. It seemed like once it unfroze it wasn't too long before the hijacks started happening.

I'm not expert but there would seem to be some sort of vulnerability in the ad code implementation that is allowing a third party to make this happen. Alternatively it could be an issue with the forum software.

I have been getting the pop up add forcing me to download an app on my iPhone and then today I have been getting page redirects where the entire page goes blank except for an ad that stays on for 10 seconds and then sometimes takes me back to AW sometimes just stays blank. Those suck. I won't wait 10 seconds every time I skip to a new thread or to a new page. The banner ads are what they are. 

I have had redirects that create tabs on my desktop running Windows 7 and IE. The tabs never actually go to a website but it takes me out of AW and to the blank tab.

On my Droid phone I will get an pop up video ad that I have to backspace out of the page to remove. Also when you go to the navigation screen the page ad in the background comes to the foreground and again I have to back out to clear the ad to use the navigation menu.

I have had redirects that create tabs on my desktop running Windows 7 and IE. The tabs never actually go to a website but it takes me out of AW and to the blank tab.

On my Droid phone I will get an pop up video ad that I have to backspace out of the page to remove. Also when you go to the navigation screen the page ad in the background comes to the foreground and again I have to back out to clear the ad to use the navigation menu.

The redirects display an ad for 10 seconds then try to redirect back to the forum but fail, and end up leaving a blank tab.

Since this forum software is a paid service, I'd think their customer service should be able to help get to the bottom of the issue, and solve it if it is indeed their own error.

It's mobile and iOS. Pain in the ass, redirect to some mobfree.click crap. Yours is not the only site this is happening to, happens on another site I visit. Thought it might be me, but I have a feeling it is your ad network.

Yep.

PS - The other site is malegingers4malegingers.com 

It's mobile and iOS. Pain in the ass, redirect to some mobfree.click crap. Yours is not the only site this is happening to, happens on another site I visit. Thought it might be me, but I have a feeling it is your ad network.

But is it on a Mobile device using the Mobile version, or Desktop version? That's what I really need to know.