• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

John Carpino

Troll Daddy

"It defies logic that Josh's reported behavior is not a violation of his drug program," Carpino said, according to Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times.

That's about the only thing I've heard from this guy. Andrew Friedman is the president of the Dodgers. You hear about this guy in the news all the time. Friedman acts like a GM for the Dodgers .

What's up

I asked the same question a few months ago. As I remember he's really not in charge of baseball operations, but everything else administrative and reports to Arte. Arte likes to use him for baseball matters from time to time, and apparently he also likes to use him as a spokesman on major matters where Arte tends to get in trouble by being a little too frank. So he's not a President like Friedman, more like one of Arte's personal lieutenants.

I actually did see him a few times at games wondering around through the seats talking to select fans toward the end of the season, God knows about what.

Edited by tomsred

I believe he was originally brought in as VP of Finance. He replaced a grade school friend of mine who held the job under Disney. Seems everyone in baseball management are getting more important titles these days. I guess when they don't want to pay you more money, they instead give you a more important sounding title.

I believe he was originally brought in as VP of Finance. He replaced a grade school friend of mine who held the job under Disney. Seems everyone in baseball management are getting more important titles these days. I guess when they don't want to pay you more money, they instead give you a more important sounding title.

That ain't just baseball...

JOHN CARPINO

President carpino_120x153.jpg

John Carpino was named the eighth President in Angels history on Nov. 14, 2009. At the age of 56, he oversees all areas of business, sales, marketing and communications. Carpino's top priority is the fan's value and experience in all areas of the game including concessions, merchandise, promotional items and ticketing. As the principal executive in charge of business operations, he has helped the Halos welcome over three million fans through Angel Stadium turnstiles for 12 straight seasons. Carpino was also an integral part of the 2010 MLB All-Star Game, hosted at Angel Stadium, and was involved in the negotiations for the extension of the Club's television agreement with FOX Sports West.

The Chicago native continues to seek out ways to create value for Angel fans, focusing not only on the game inside the lines, but on the entire ballpark experience. Carpino has guided the Angel brand with a focus on affordable pricing and providing a quality family environment. Under his leadership, Carpino's team has also established Angel Stadium as one of the premiere destinations in California for non-baseball events such as concerts, Supercross, Monster Truck and corporate events.

As one of the initial executives that Arte Moreno appointed after taking ownership of the Club, the 2015 season marks Carpino's 12th with the team, having previously held the position of senior Vice President. Carpino has led the Angels to unprecedented financial growth in the sponsorship, marketing and ticketing divisions. He oversaw the general manager selection process in 2011 and has assisted in the acquisition of high-profile Angels such as Albert Pujols and C.J. Wilson along with negotiating the Jered Weaver contract extension.

He has created a stronger, more viable partnership with Los Angeles based radio and television partners, and oversees KLAA AM830, the home of Angels Baseball. His vision and creativity have brought an emphasis on the Angels' heritage with a reintroduction of the Angels Hall of Fame with yearly inductees, the hosting of Angels Fan Fests and the celebration of the Angels 50th Anniversary. Popular giveaways have been provided including several Guinness record-breaking items and items showcasing the continuing popularity of the Rally Monkey. His efforts continue to create a brand that is connected socially and in sync with current cultural trends.

Carpino's promotion followed six seasons as the Club's Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing during which he oversaw all aspects of marketing, promotions and ticket sales for the Angels. He began his professional career in 1982 in the billboard industry, including stints in Tucson, AZ; Chicago, IL; Phoenix, AZ and Los Angeles, CA. In 1985, he joined Moreno at Outdoor Systems, a billboard company (which later became Viacom Outdoor in 2000 and CBS Outdoor in 2005) and spent 18 years in the Phoenix and Los Angeles markets. Carpino oversaw $200 million in sales for the western region.

Born in Chicago, IL, Carpino is a 1982 graduate of the University of Arizona with a degree in business administration. He currently serves on CHOC Children's Foundation Board of Directors and served for three years on the Executive Board for the Orange County United Way. He and his wife Elizabeth are involved in numerous charitable efforts throughout Southern California and support the Angels Baseball Foundation. John and Elizabeth have three children and reside in Laguna Beach.

trans.gif

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/front_office.jsp?c_id=ana