• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Scioscia plans to manage Los Angeles Angels next season.

gotbeer

Or they are professionals that know how to prepare and grew up having to be so competitive in order to get where they are that it is basically their way of life. You guys really just can't get that the players genuinely respect and support the guy and not because they get to chill out and under perform, but because he is easy to respect in the clubhouse for one reason or another. I will assume they know what they are talking about since they are in the clubhouse, versus guys on the internet, that have an agenda based on the fact that they are fanatics.

Take a deep breath, relax.  No need to protect your boy Scioscia. 

I didn't even mention the Angels, Mike Scioscia, or baseball in that reply.  It was a generic statement applicable to anybody.  Seriously, Stradling, your obsession in protecting Scioscia is spiraling out of control in an unhealthy way.  Let it go.  I don't dislike him nearly as much as you think I do. 

Take a deep breath, relax. No need to protect your boy Scioscia.

I didn't even mention the Angels, Mike Scioscia, or baseball in that reply. It was a generic statement applicable to anybody. Seriously, Stradling, your obsession in protecting Scioscia is spiraling out of control in an unhealthy way. Let it go. I don't dislike him nearly as much as you think I do.

You know you were implying it. I protect against awful logic. You may not hate him but I'm not sure I've ever seen a positive Scioscia post from you.

If Scioscia is allowed to manage again next year, Arte is just going to have to pony up to buy more tickets at the end of the year so he can hit the 3M mark.

Scioscia is the single reason that I have tanken a step back from caring about the Angels. As long as he is there, I, and a lot of other fans, will continue to take a step back.

The Angels front office is a joke.

It's pretty sad when you let a manager get in your way from enjoying something you love.

Non-story.

It was a pipe dream to think he actually would opt out. Why would he? His situation could be no better than it is here.

Anybody who didn't expect this didn't think it through. Scisocia has an ironclad contract as one of the highest paid managers in baseball, he knows for a fact that the owner will take his side in any dispute with the new GM, and he could probably get an extension if he wanted it.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I was glad to hear this news this afternoon.  Ive said it before and i'll say it again.  There is an unquantifiable value to having a guy with Scoscia's tenure with the club.  He knows the organization and he is a highly respected figure.  He's not perfect as an in game manager, but no one is.  I think largely he's made the rights calls for us in game, and that is reflected in the success he's had.  The biggest thing with him is that seemingly the core guys in the club house are behind him.  Thats a huge unknown variable if you are going to replace a manager.  Scoscia is among the best in the game and we're lucky to have him.  I am confident that he'll work just fine with Billy Eppler.

It's pretty sad when you let a manager get in your way from enjoying something you love.

Here's the situation as I see it.  Scioscia refuses to use analytics and scouting reports - we know this from Dipoto.  Why wouldn't anyone want to use every advantage to win?  Yet Scioscia ignores facts.  He goes with his gut.

So if it comes down to me wanting the team to win more than the Manager, it tells me, I need to save my stomach and my blood pressure and step away.  It is only going to frustrate me more by watching it... becuase he will not make the moves that should be made.

The game has passed him by.  When he leaves, I will return.