• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Maybe We Can

It's so bizarre to see fan bases like Houston's going bonkers over being in this "race"... and compare that to Minnesota... and the Angels.  I don't blame Angels fans for not being overjoyed, but I laugh at the notion that they suck.  

This is why I didn't like the idea of another wild card team.  8 teams was the perfect amount.  There's going to be mediocre teams in the playoffs on a regular basis now.  

Angels are doing exactly what I thought they would -- they're going to hang in there on the edge of a playoff spot -- and make it real frustrating right until the end when they fall short.

Meanwhile Texas wins the AL West by default and Houston could wind up (with the Angels) completely out of the playoffs.

**** it the offseason is so long might as well stay tuned until the end. You'll most likely get buttercupped but you'll miss watching baseball come December.

I'll miss it by early November, and just about everybody gets buttercupped except a few hardy fans in one lucky city.  The vast majority get to sit around and talk about what might have been if......

I was feeling a little better about this journey, until seeing that Smith sprained his ankle.

Gott needs to do better than in game 1 yesterday, if he's going to take that 8th inning role.

Then Morin and Bedrosian need to continue their past 4 weeks of solid pitching.

I ain't trusting Tossed Salad for the 7th.

I'd rather see Alvarez then.

**** it the offseason is so long might as well stay tuned until the end. You'll most likely get buttercupped but you'll miss watching baseball come December.

I miss baseball the minute the final out of the WS is recorded...but I also follow teams other than the Angels, and watch pretty much every post season game. Baseball isn't over for me when the Angels fall out of it.

I was feeling a little better about this journey, until seeing that Smith sprained his ankle.

Gott needs to do better than in game 1 yesterday, if he's going to take that 8th inning role.

Then Morin and Bedrosian need to continue their past 4 weeks of solid pitching.

I ain't trusting Tossed Salad for the 7th.

I'd rather see Alvarez then.

Smith's been a detriment of late.   Over his last 24.1 innings (27 games) he's allowed 43 baserunners, struck out 20 and batters have put up a .960 OPS.   He has given up hits in 19 of his last 27 appearances and only had a clean inning 6 times over that span.

Losing him might help the team the way he's been going.

Smith's been a detriment of late.   Over his last 24.1 innings (27 games) he's allowed 43 baserunners, struck out 20 and batters have put up a .960 OPS.   He has given up hits in 19 of his last 27 appearances and only had a clean inning 6 times over that span.

^^^This^^^....But the other guys still have to step up....

You may be right, but when your relief ERA is ranked 17 out of 30 MLB teams losing a set up pitcher just doesn't sound like very good news.

Smith's been a detriment of late. Over his last 24.1 innings (27 games) he's allowed 43 baserunners, struck out 20 and batters have put up a .960 OPS. He has given up hits in 19 of his last 27 appearances and only had a clean inning 6 times over that span.

He had a rough stretch but seemed to be getting back to being pretty reliable.