• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels insist Scioscia won't be involved in GM search. Why that might be a mistake

Dollar Bill

I would agree...if Arte envisions Scioscia being here for remainder of his contract than it makes little sense to not have him involved in the process.

I don't agree that the organization is handcuffed...it's the reality that the Team of Rivals approach probably isn't best when it comes to a major league team.

This organization needs a new direction. Same old, same old doesn't work around here anymore, and maybe it never did judging by the postseason results outside of one (lets be honest) fluke year.

Scioscia refuses to evolve and his way of doing things is quickly going the way of the dinosaur, and its no coincidence that this team has steadily slid downhill after the "hey day." if you can call five good years that.

If scioscia is kept around, then at the very least, balance is needed. Arte and this fan base have drank scioscia's kool aid way too long, and a new perspective is truly badly needed

The nuthuggers are even less open to other opinions than catorce himself

Everyone here has their opinions, that doesn't mean some are more correct than others.  Let's start with a little tolerance of the opinions of others, rather than trying to make someone who doesn't agree with you look foolish.  I respect your opinion, why can't you respect something different from yours.  My opinion is that the use of nuthuggers and catorce aren't a good start on the trail of tolerance.

Edited by tomsred

I don't care if you have a different opinion.  In this case, I'm  glad i don't agree with you that tge organization is "handcuffed" by the owner.  That would mean the organization would prefer to do something different than what Arte wants to do.

Do you see just how, for lack of a better term, idiotic this is? 

I don't care if you have a different opinion.  In this case, I'm  glad i don't agree with you that tge organization is "handcuffed" by the owner.  That would mean the organization would prefer to do something different than what Arte wants to do.

Pipe down nuthugger!

So, is this about keeping MS or about returning to the style of baseball that actually won games and that the KC Royals are employing with great success?   Is it possible to have one without the other?   Do people really think team speed, athleticism, defense, and shut down bullpens are a bad thing?

Clearly we need more HR hitters..  BC if it's not broke, why fix it.

I don't care if you have a different opinion. In this case, I'm glad i don't agree with you that tge organization is "handcuffed" by the owner. That would mean the organization would prefer to do something different than what Arte wants to do.

Hows that worked out for Jerry Jones?

So, is this about keeping MS or about returning to the style of baseball that actually won games and that the KC Royals are employing with great success? Is it possible to have one without the other? Do people really think team speed, athleticism, defense, and shut down bullpens are a bad thing?

Clearly we need more HR hitters.. BC if it's not broke, why fix it.

Perhaps the royals are a fluke? Did they win the world series last year?

Maybe ask yourself this, before a year and a half ago, would ANYONE have considered ned Yost a good manager and Dayton Moore a competent GM?

Perhaps the royals are a fluke? Did they win the world series last year?

Maybe ask yourself this, before a year and a half ago, would ANYONE have considered ned Yost a good manager and Dayton Moore a competent GM?

Yes, a fluke, just like the Angels were all those years they outperformed their pythags, right?   Why is it you can't separate a game style from the manager?    Speed, Defense, back end pitching -- those things have always worked.  Mike Scioscia didn't invent any of that crap.  In one breath you want to paint others as being incapable of being open to opinions and in the next you show how completely closed minded you are.   

BTW, Moore was actually really well thought of while in the Braves organization -- you're letting the ghost of Allard Baird taint your perception of what Dayton Moore has done.  

'

What evidence do you have, if any, that arte would turn his back on scioscia?

There is none that I have ever seen.  Loyalty works both ways too, and neither one has shown that they might break that trust.  In the OP story, it sounds like their philosophy is very similar, and other than Dipoto no one has taken a divergent path of any magnitude.  No two (or more) people ever agree on everything, so there must have been some argumentative discussions along the way.  But reasonable people work those things out without letting emotions run too high.