• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels insist Scioscia won't be involved in GM search. Why that might be a mistake

Dollar Bill

Clearly there are no good baseball players who are athletic, or can play baseball well. I know you fancy yourself quite clever but look into baseball's past if you want to gain some insight into where the game seems to be going.

The last 10 champions of baseball:

Giants

Red Sox

Cardinals

Phillies

Yankees

White Sox

Tell me, which of those teams had overwhelming, or even above average, athleticism, speed, grit, productive outs, etc?

Giants

Red Sox

Cardinals

Phillies

Yankees

White Sox

Tell me, which of those teams had overwhelming, or even above average, athleticism, speed, grit, productive outs, etc?

Then you should be happy with our current roster 

Giants

Red Sox

Cardinals

Phillies

Yankees

White Sox

Grit.. productive outs? -- spare me the stupid..   You've never seen a post of mine championion either of those things....  I know you need to lump everyone together in order to pop off but really, all youre doing is making yourself look like a dumbass that when faced with debate has to make up what the other person is saying.  

What does ten years ago have to do with the current state of MLB?    Look around baseball -- the game is in fact evolving .... back to where it was in the 60s and 70s...   The end of the PED era is causing a shift away from a lot of what sabermetrics held dear -- The Cards and Royals are both very good examples of that -- neither team is based on power, or even offense for that matter.   This isn't an argument that power is bad, but rather it's more that station to station baseball just isn't working as well as it used to.   The Angels badly need to get more athletic.

There has been a pretty significant shift in MLB the last couple of years...   Sorry you're too blind to see it, or like Mike Scioscia...  you're too stuck in your ways to welcome the change...   

Edited by Inside Pitch

The GM should not have to comply with the philosophy of the field manager. Period. The GM is supposed to be his boss.

I'm holding out hope that while Arte would like to see a return of the "Angels way", he doesn't delude himself in thinking the only person capable of managing a team like that is MS.

Also -- its going to be really freaking funny if the Angels end up moving to a different venue or significantly altering Angel Stadium to where it impacts how the team should play and it renders the whole "Angels Way" somewhat moot.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Grit.. productive outs? -- spare me the stupid.. You've never seen a post of mine championion either of those things.... I know you need to lump everyone together in order to pop off but really, all youre doing is making yourself look like a dumbass that when faced with debate has to make up what the other person is saying.

What does ten years ago have to do with the current state of MLB? Look around baseball -- the game is in fact evolving .... back to where it was in the 60s and 70s... The end of the PED era is causing a shift away from a lot of what sabermetrics held dear -- The Cards and Royals are both very good examples of that -- neither team is based on power, or even offense for that matter. This isn't an argument that power is bad, but rather it's more that station to station baseball just isn't working as well as it used to. The Angels badly need to get more athletic.

There has been a pretty significant shift in MLB the last couple of years... Sorry you're too blind to see it, or like Mike Scioscia... you're too stuck in your ways to welcome the change...

So why is sciosciaball falling behind the rest of the pack then?

If all of that is correct, scioscia would have at least 3-4 championships by now. And don't forget 2002 wasn't won by playing small ball and defense. The team hit and powered their way to that title.

So if all of what you say is true, then either its not true or scioscia doesn't know how to implement it correctly. Either way, his "angel way" is no longer the winning way and its time to take another road and let scioscia take his alleged genius elsewhere

What are you even talking about?

"Tell me, which of those teams had overwhelming, or even above average, athleticism, speed, grit, productive outs, etc?"

since we don't have these type of players either, we have the type of roster that you dream about.

Is it really that difficult to follow? 

I AM READY FOR A NEW MANAGER.

Hollywood, this year, which manager do you think could make this group of players a championship caliber team?

I'm interested on who he thinks the new manager should be - but why does it take over 2 1/2 hours to find out?  I'm getting tired, it's an off night.

I'm also trying to stay awake waiting for AO to tell us the size and ranking of the scouting and development budget compared to other teams.

Edited by tomsred

or 

B: you lie and promise your GM candidates "complete power" during the interview process. 

I don't expect that to work a second time. 

Edited by ScottLux

Reiterating what Angels manager Mike Scioscia recently said himself, club president John Carpino says that the skipper “will not be involved in the GM selection process,” Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports. But he also acknowledged that a new hire won’t have full authority to chart the organization’s operating philosophies. Instead, per Carpino, that will be determined through a “collective effort,”

Mlbtraderumors