• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

My Son

Vladfan

If he's smart and gets into the right field he can get a pretty good job.

This is key. Unless he plans to make the military his lifelong career, getting a marketable skill out of it is important.

I know that it is difficult to see your son leave, but he has made a mature and meaningful decision about a direction for his life. I wish you and him all the best.

Best of luck to him. Last i knew fort sill was OSUT for artillery. Is that what hes going into?

I tell young people all the time the military is a great way to get your adult life started. Even if youre not "the type", theres FAR more non combat jobs than combat.

4 years of your life to earn a college degree and a no money down college loan is a pretty friggen sweet deal. Its a tough commitment, but the payoff is very good.

You probably wont hear from him for a while. Maybe a phone call within the next few days (though i hear these little spoiled sh*ts get cell phones now but who knows). But letters (assuming people still write those) make a huge difference.

Best of luck to him, keep us updated on his progress.

My nephew was an unfocused young man and at 21 joined the Marines. Best thing that could of happened to him. He learned to be disciplined and take direction. When he got out he took advantage of the college benefits and got his degree. He is now an IT tech for a major city and is a very focused person.

There are things you learn in the military that you can't learn anywhere else. He'll learn how to work with people from all over the country, different backgrounds, different races.

He'll learn how to party with those people too. He'll make friendships that last a lifetime.

Thats definitely one of the unique parts of being in the military. You take individuals from vastly different backgrounds and they become a team. Obviously not everybody falls in love, but literally, the inner city black kid, the sh*t kicker from texas, the college kid from ohio and the quiet mexican dude all become brothers. We mess with each other all the time, but in the end, everybody is one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dayijAUAW9w

That clip is dead on accurate. Salty language warning

Best of luck to him. Last i knew fort sill was OSUT for artillery. Is that what hes going into?

I tell young people all the time the military is a great way to get your adult life started. Even if youre not "the type", theres FAR more non combat jobs than combat.

4 years of your life to earn a college degree and a no money down college loan is a pretty friggen sweet deal. Its a tough commitment, but the payoff is very good.

You probably wont hear from him for a while. Maybe a phone call within the next few days (though i hear these little spoiled sh*ts get cell phones now but who knows). But letters (assuming people still write those) make a huge difference.

Best of luck to him, keep us updated on his progress.

Yes. He is 13th Bravo Cannon Crewman

Got a call from him at 2:30am that he was going through processing and that we wouldn't hear from him for a while except letters. They take your cell phones away from you during processing.

Thanks Tank!! I really appreciate the prayers.

You probably don't remember him but me and the rest of my family met you at the Spring Training that Rex Hudler came and mingled with everyone. I think it was at a place called Hail Mary's??

you got it. i remember meeting you and your family. i thought it was at tempe diablo stadium and was right around the time you got that big tattoo on your leg. wherever it was, it's been too long. need to meet up again sometime.