• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

My Son

Vladfan

Today my son leaves to Oklahoma to start his boot camp and training in the US Army. I am excited for him, but as a parent I am very nervous.

Some people on here know me and what my family has been through. My wife died at the early age of 42 on Oct 9, 2010 (I can't believe it's been almost 5 years). My son was 15 at the time of her passing. He was a second year varsity baseball player as a sophomore in high school. After his Mom passed his grades slipped enough to be removed from the baseball team and got behind in credits to graduate. I moved him to a new school for his senior year and he was able to make up his credits and graduate.

For the last 2 years he has struggled to find work and when he did find work he couldn't keep it. He called me about 3 months ago and said that he had talked with a recruiter and he was thinking about joining. I supported him 110% in his decision.

Well today is the day he ships out to begin his commitment. I am very proud of him for making this decision. I think he needed some structure, discipline and responsibility in his life and this is where he will get it.

It is also difficult as a parent to see him leave. I know he will be safe during boot camp but it is still a bit hard on the nerves. I have lost a spouse ......I can't imagine losing a child Too.

Thanks to all who have served.

I was in a similar situation. Was working deadend retailer jobs. Going to community college part time taking useless classes.

I didn't join the military to "Serve my country" or even for the benefits they offer. I joined in hopes of finding something that I could be proud of myself for, to feel like I accomplished something, and to give me some sort of direction in life.

Can't say I have any regrets even though there was a lot of bullshit I had to deal with.

GL to your son.

Edited by Poozy