• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

In the market for a new phone... Help!

Chuck

It's funny that in those rankings, they don't mention the LG G4's removable battery or SD card.  As features for a phone, those are the one's that stand out against the S6 and Iphones.  Although them ranking it third is a pretty big win for LG.  

And I don't think you can go wrong with the Galaxy 6 Chuck.  Really, as someone already pointed out, you can't go wrong with any flagship phone lately.  

Most people trade in their phones within a couple years for the next flashy thing so removable or replaceable batteries are a non issue unless you think you're going to be carrying around a charged replacement battery all the time.If you are burning up your phones memory and need an SD card maybe you need a tablet or laptop to handle the work overload. Seems like those two features are fools gold.

Most people trade in their phones within a couple years for the next flashy thing so removable or replaceable batteries are a non issue unless you think you're going to be carrying around a charged replacement battery all the time.If you are burning up your phones memory and need an SD card maybe you need a tablet or laptop to handle the work overload. Seems like those two features are fools gold.

I go through the batteries all the time when I'm out and about.  It's not for everyone.  But for someone like me, it's one feature that's worth it.  

As for the sd card.  It's not for all.  But which is fools gold.  A one time upgrade of memory at $100 a level?  Or putting in from 1gb to 2 tb (of course 2 tb on an sd card is currently not available, but you get the picture) whenever you want?  Again, it's not for everyone.  But as Stevens said, he puts his music on there so he doesn't have to stay connected to wifi/phone provider all the time to listen to his music.  I use it to store all my photos and movies.  

A phone is a poor choice to store photos and movies on. Simply too easy to break the damn thing or lose it. And if you are watching movies off a 5" inch screen please stay out of the "What Have You Seen Recently" thread.

;)

It's more of a boredom thing for movies.  Photos, it eventually gets backed up to google drive anyways.  But in days when you take a few hundred with hi def videos, it's handy.  

i'll never store music or movies on a phone, so removable sd storage is a non-issue for me.

when/if i get a new phone, i'll get the lowest storage setting possible to try to save $100 or more. 

it's different for everybody, though. 

Same for me.  I don't have a gigantic iTunes collection like some here probably do.  I prefer to stream music so I don't need the storage.  But the S6 has 32 GB so you can store a couple thousand songs if you need to.

T-mobile has "music freedom" which allows you to stream music from various services without it hitting your data allocation.  So if you're on a road trip you can stream all day essentially for free, depending on what music service you are using.

If you are burning up your phones memory and need an SD card maybe you need a tablet or laptop to handle the work overload. Seems like those two features are fools gold.

I read an article not long ago that said that extra phone memory is one of the biggest ripoffs that there is. Carriers are charging $200 for memory upgrades that cost them $15.

I ended up getting the 64 gig Samsung Galaxy 6 with the Mophie Juice Pack and Glass Screen protector.

My Galaxy Note III bit the dust and was not repairable due to water damage, so I lost most of my phone contacts. Grrrr. 

Anyhow, I did some extensive research. Almost went with the Galaxy Note 4 since it has a micro sd slot and you can replace the battery, but they wanted over 700 bucks for an old device, so I passed. The Galaxy 64 gig was 650 bucks and has all the latest technology that all the newest phones have so I went with it. 

I ended up getting the 64 gig Samsung Galaxy 6 with the Mophie Juice Pack and Glass Screen protector.

My Galaxy Note III bit the dust and was not repairable due to water damage, so I lost most of my phone contacts. Grrrr. 

Anyhow, I did some extensive research. Almost went with the Galaxy Note 4 since it has a micro sd slot and you can replace the battery, but they wanted over 700 bucks for an old device, so I passed. The Galaxy 64 gig was 650 bucks and has all the latest technology that all the newest phones have so I went with it. 

You don't have a google account, and back up your contact info using google+?  Usually it auto saves.  go to Contacts.google.com  

Ouch.

Man these days you should never lose anything if you phone/laptop/tablet/etc bites the dust.

Everything is pretty easy to backup no matter what the platform.

That sucks.

Yeah I got most of them back from Google. Problem is, I turned off sync 5-6 months ago to save battery life, so I lost all contacts in that window, but have the majority of my main contacts since the time I've been with Google, which is a long time.

Loving this phone so far. Really fast. Excellent camera. The juice pack case isn't too big and my phone has been at 100% since I left my house at 7 am this morning. Weird, but awesome.

Just a charge overnight does the trick. 64 Gig was more than I had combined with my SD card on my Note III. I'm good!